Pale Moon 26 (Goanna) beta2 feedback thread

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Pale Moon 26 (Goanna) beta2 feedback thread

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-09-01, 10:23

This thread is reserved for feedback given on the public beta 2 of Pale Moon 26.

Before you post a new issue, please:
  • Check if someone else has already reported it in this thread. Duplicate reports will serve no purpose, and only make keeping things organized harder. Duplicate reports may be removed by moderators.
  • Check if the issue found is specific to this beta! If the problem can be reproduced on the current 25.7 version of Pale Moon as well, then your report does not belong in this thread.
  • Check your blood pressure. If it is too high, please take half an hour to relax and then re-evaluate your need for posting ;)
If you want to discuss specific issues found, you can also do that in this thread, but please make your posts count. Take your time to write more than a single sentence (or 2) and kindly keep "me too" posts out of this thread. Thanks in advance.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Pale Moon 26 (Goanna) beta2 feedback thread

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-09-01, 13:46

Hey MC, anyone, today I got some business to do, so I won't be able to download the latest beta until this evening. Anyways I wanted to know if the portable/desktop (I have both) build is going to have an update or am I going to have to download it and then copy over my profile to it? Is it the same way I did to the desktop build to get it to the portable build??
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-09-01, 14:51

You mean with the internal updater? Nope. The betas do not include the updater.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

flaxthejute
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by flaxthejute » 2015-09-01, 15:02

Just a quickie to say that the right-click problem I had with Business Objects is no longer a problem. I'll continue on with testing now...

win7-7
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by win7-7 » 2015-09-01, 16:28

Beta 2 is working without any noticeable problems. Also all add-ons I use work without problems.
Off-topic:
However little off-topic: Could you mention in release notes webgl texture format update ( that you updated in issue 86 on GitHub) as this is important update to code base?

RedRamGT
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by RedRamGT » 2015-09-01, 20:54

It looks very good so far - kudo's to you guys for the good work you do :)

If I go into Yahoo.com, it puts up a screen saying the browser is not supported. It works that way whether "Firefox Compatibility" is set on or off. I went to about:config and set a useragent override, and that made yahoo work.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2015-09-01, 21:07

RedRamGT wrote:If I go into Yahoo.com, it puts up a screen saying the browser is not supported. It works that way whether "Firefox Compatibility" is set on or off. I went to about:config and set a useragent override, and that made yahoo work.
Tried a few other Yahoos (including UK) and they all work. Indeed yahoo.com doesn't.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2015-09-01, 21:19

RedRamGT wrote:It looks very good so far - kudo's to you guys for the good work you do :)

If I go into Yahoo.com, it puts up a screen saying the browser is not supported. It works that way whether "Firefox Compatibility" is set on or off. I went to about:config and set a useragent override, and that made yahoo work.
Yes, I reported this, yesterday. Thank you for adding your input. :)

cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by cartel » 2015-09-02, 01:09

Code: Select all

[NoScript ClearClick] Swallowed event mousedown on EMBED/0 at https://www.youtube.com/embed/tJlB5K6JXm4
[NoScript ClearClick] Swallowed event mouseup on EMBED/0 at https://www.youtube.com/embed/tJlB5K6JXm4
[NoScript ClearClick] Swallowed event click on EMBED/0 at https://www.youtube.com/embed/tJlB5K6JXm4
ClearClick of trusted sites is broken on noscripts.

https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 573#p78573
ImageImage

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-09-02, 02:17

@MC: ok, I did the same as I did with the last beta and all works (portable). Also, I do know YouTube was giving us video problems, but now this:
Screenshot_12.png
But if you click no thanks it goes to on to YouTube.

EDIT: first time thing and only when cookies are cleared. Oh, was this always the problem in the last beta? I'm pretty sure this is because of the UA change:
Screenshot_13.png
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-09-02, 03:25

Alright, well looks like I ran into another UA issue, it's that Pandora needs the Firefox/31.9 compatibility!! Sorry if I sound a little irritated (I am in fact), just could not believe they did UA sniffing!? I mean this was not a problem before, I would have known as I'm a big MUSIC LOVER! I guess I will make an exception for Pandora, actually get in contact with them, if I have time this week. Here's the screenshot:
Screenshot_14.png
Umm, hey how would I address this to the Pandora Team properly, there's so much about Pale Moon they need to know, but I also don't want to scare them off. So anyone have some good summaries in mind or some links explaining this issue better then what I can currently do? If not, that's ok, I'm just going to be busy this week (school is starting).

win7-7
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by win7-7 » 2015-09-02, 06:50

Youtube seems to be UA sniffing rv part of UA. I didn't notice this before because I had UA override for youtube. I tried today without override and got same screenshot as LimboSlam. I also tried changing UA override to:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:1.0) Goanna/20150828 Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.9 (Pale Moon) and got same screenshot.

It worked and said: "congratulations of upgrading browser" with UA override: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Goanna/20150828 Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.9 (Pale Moon).

DarthVitrial
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by DarthVitrial » 2015-09-02, 17:57

UA Sniffing Issue: Dragon Age Keep (https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/) does not approve of Pale Moon 26b2.

sm2345

Unread post by sm2345 » 2015-09-02, 19:25

First of all, thanks for all the hard work and releasing Beta2!

I tried the second beta and uh, here are the things I found specific to PM 26 beta:

1. First thing, Google still doesn't like PM it seems. Or rather, this time it's even aggressive.

What used to happen in beta1 is Gmail and Youtube used to open fine, but Gmail always opened in basic HTML. This time, however, both Gmail and Youtube straight up told me I'm using an unsupported browser and did not load themselves (main site for Youtube and the Inbox in case of Gmail). The warnings given were the same as some other people have posted before. Just wanted to point out that it seemed more "aggressive" this time compared to beta1.

2. Speaking of Youtube, Flashgot + Browser built-in does not work in beta2 as well. When I try to download the video, it does not show up in the download list, and a 0-byte file with the proper filename is written to the Downloads directly. It'd be great if it could be supported in this version.

3. Paypal does not work and did not work in beta1 too. Whenever I try to open Paypal, it just opens a blank page and stops there and does not move further.

Next is a few things that does not work on PM 25 as well. But still I thought I should report them.

1. First up is this site:

http://www.pulltop.com/full-of-stars/wo ... #worldnext

Here is how it looks in PM (25, 26 both): http://i.imgur.com/dqzYpo1.png

And here's how it looks in IE (uh, 10? 11? Whichever version comes with Windows 7, only reason I used it since there was no other browser to compare with immediately): http://i.imgur.com/24fES8V.png which is how it should look.

EDIT: Sorry, looks like the site is loading fine now in PM 25 and 26 both. No idea why it was like that few days ago...

I'll see if I can find some more breaking stuff.

Thanks again!

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-09-02, 21:30

sm2345 wrote:.....Gmail straight up told me I'm using an unsupported browser and did not load......
I can't reproduce this, with YouTube yes, but not with Gmail.
sm2345 wrote:.....Flashgot + Browser built-in does not work in beta2 as well. When I try to download the video, it does not show up in the download list, and a 0-byte file with the proper filename is written to the Downloads directly.......
Ok yeah this definitely does not work.
sm2345 wrote:1. First up is this site:

http://www.pulltop.com/full-of-stars/wo ... #worldnext

Here is how it looks in PM (25, 26 both): http://i.imgur.com/dqzYpo1.png

And here's how it looks in IE (uh, 10? 11? Whichever version comes with Windows 7, only reason I used it since there was no other browser to compare with immediately): http://i.imgur.com/24fES8V.png which is how it should look.[/g]
Asian websites always (for me at least) tend to load improperly the first time, then load perfectly the second or third time. So this is probably not something specific to Pale Moon beta 2.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-09-02, 22:35

DarthVitrial wrote:UA Sniffing Issue: Dragon Age Keep (https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/) does not approve of Pale Moon 26b2.
Enable Firefox compatibility mode in options, and see if that works any better. If it does, please contact the site owners and ask them to support Pale Moon without presenting the nag screen ;)

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-09-02, 23:36

Alright, just got done contacting the Pandora team and I'm awaiting a reply. So wish me good luck, seriously please do! :)

I also did some more testing, and what I found out is that Pandora only sniffs the word "Firefox" in the UA, so any version of Firefox can really be implemented (for Pandora only) Here's an example of what I've tried: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:1.0) Goanna/20150828 Firefox/3.6 PaleMoon/26.0.0b2

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2015-09-03, 09:17

Just got the error below while browsing here, or when closing other tabs and landing on that page. (x64 portable)

Closing other tabs seems to trigger it.
Attachments
error.jpg

badger

Unread post by badger » 2015-09-04, 18:17

Can't get it to open after installation. It seems to install o.k. but when I try to open it nothing happens and when I click either of the icons the message is that the link is not valid. Was able to install and open beta 1 but various links in certain sites wouldn't open so reverted to 25. Have tried removing PM folder, rebooting, nothing works to allow it to open. (Win 7 X64)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-09-04, 18:24

badger wrote:Can't get it to open after installation. It seems to install o.k. but when I try to open it nothing happens and when I click either of the icons the message is that the link is not valid. Was able to install and open beta 1 but various links in certain sites wouldn't open so reverted to 25. Have tried removing PM folder, rebooting, nothing works to allow it to open. (Win 7 X64)
Apparently a number of AV suites don't like this beta. You may want to check and see if your antivirus has somehow mangled it.