For example: I've already had to implement some changes for the user interface since it broke trying to compile the current source with the new compiler.
Important notes about the beta:
- This build requires Windows Vista or later, due to toolset restrictions in Visual Studio 2012 and lack of documentation. The Final CTP has been used of Update 1, but there is no clear documentation yet to build XP compatible binaries from the command-line.
- Full optimizations have been used when building this, so performance should be (close to) release levels.
- Vectorization and parallelization of the code has been used. Modern processors should absolutely love this.
- This beta uses Azure for rendering content by default. Switch off with gfx.content.azure.enabled in case of trouble
- This is a 32-bit build, considering that is still the main focus for Pale Moon (use of 64-bit browsers is still fairly limited due to lack of support by plugin developers... as a result, only about 20% of Pale Moon users are using the 64-bit one). In addition, 64-bit system software, especially graphics drivers, tend to give false positives (an issue is found that is not Pale Moon's fault) and/or resulting bug reports that aren't valid for the actual Pale Moon code. Code development is therefore always done on the x86 platform, and 64-bit builds are only made of close to release-ready versions, which this beta 3 definitely is not. The 32-bit build will run equally fine on 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
Feedback on this forum thread is greatly appreciated.
Both positive and negative feedback, but please remain constructive
Download link for the beta: http://ge.tt/1mUiepQ?c