Firefox 17: First look at planned features

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Ryrynz

Re: Firefox 17: First look at planned features

Unread post by Ryrynz » 2012-10-13, 04:49

Benched 17 beta a little and it was slower than 17 alpha, figured things went this way. Only thing to look forward to this year now is VS2012 PM 15.3/15.4 as 18 is released after xmas.
Is there a time frame on the XP patch for VS2012?

stravinsky

Unread post by stravinsky » 2012-10-13, 06:06

^ file a bug, if you found performance regression in the 17 branch. Moz devs are actively hunting regressions.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-10-13, 10:30

Ryrynz wrote:Is there a time frame on the XP patch for VS2012?
No word yet, I'm waiting for it.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Ryrynz

Unread post by Ryrynz » 2012-10-14, 00:21

stravinsky wrote:^ file a bug, if you found performance regression in the 17 branch. Moz devs are actively hunting regressions.
Not sure mentioning a 5% performance drop in xyz html5 benchmark from 17 alpha to beta is really going to help.. I tend to notice this while performance testing alphas anyway, they're usually faster except Firefox 18 and 19...
they're pretty bad ATM.. Pale Moon wipes the floor with them in benchmark results, One thing tho..I use a fair amount of plugins and it lags in Gmail bigtime, just switching between emails, deleting, marking as read.. laggy as hell.
Firefox 18 with ionmonkey however is a DAMN sight better and I'm quite looking forward to it, Firefox is finally getting good.
Last edited by Ryrynz on 2012-10-16, 11:22, edited 2 times in total.

stravinsky

Unread post by stravinsky » 2012-10-14, 04:46

^
File a bug. Add the profiler trace, if possible.The devs can decide if its important or not.

Ryrynz

Unread post by Ryrynz » 2012-10-20, 12:13

VS2012 update coming in November