The future of Pale Moon, especially the x64 version

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
GiantNutz

The future of Pale Moon, especially the x64 version

Unread post by GiantNutz » 2014-12-18, 11:08

Hello,

I have been looking around for a while but I don't think I've seen any announcement about this topic.

What is the future of Pale Moon?
I understand that Pale Moon is now a stand alone web browser, with it's own code, based on a rather old now Firefox source.
What are the features and updates planned for the coming months or years?

Let us know!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: The future of Pale Moon, especially the x64 version

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-12-19, 10:01

I guess I'd be the only one able to sketch a roadmap here, and I will do so once I get settled in properly (I just moved a couple days back).

Although: "based on a rather old Firefox source" isn't exactly correct. I've been incorporating modern and sometimes bleeding edge technologies and code from Firefox in Pale Moon for a long time, in addition to my own code. What you should really see it as is taking a stable and full-featured base and building on top of that, porting desired (and ONLY desired) features and changes across.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Sleeping

Unread post by Sleeping » 2014-12-23, 17:11

I'm very interested too. Hope you'll answer soon in a more detailed manner :)

Tharn

Unread post by Tharn » 2015-04-28, 09:33

I'm also curious what direction PM is going to take in the future. Not so much about the long-term goals, but what features we can expect to be ported from the newer FF releases, which ones you consider important and which ones will be axed.

I realize this is iffy because promises will inevitably lead to people holding you to them, so with the caveat of not making any.. maybe you can shed some light on what's in store.