Text-2-Speech with corrections

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Robin_WH
Moonbather
Moonbather

Text-2-Speech with corrections

Unread post by Robin_WH » 2024-03-15, 21:05

Hello,
is there any text-2-speech add-on for PM, which allows for corrections of pronunciation? I like to listen to a quite long series, like the ones going on the Royal Road (www.royalroad.com). Sometime the TTS engines have weird pronunciation (like today when TTS Google engine read me all "g" as "h" (example: "magic" read as "mahic" etc) and even ignored manually inserted corrections.

So far I found a Readerview but, in details it lists TTS function as removed in PM.
After that I found a "Select & Speak", but this needs a text selection and you cannot correct the pronunciation.
So are there any others?
Thank you.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Text-2-Speech with corrections

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-03-15, 22:09

Robin_WH wrote:
2024-03-15, 21:05
in details it lists TTS function as removed in PM.
It isn't. See the demo page
What was removed from PM is speech recognition. Synthesis is fine.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Robin_WH
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Robin_WH » 2024-03-15, 22:42

Thank you MoonChild. I'll try the homepage. But, then somebody should please update the add-on page:

Robin_WH
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Robin_WH » 2024-03-16, 19:00

Well, Read View really has Text-To-Speech function, but does not allow for pronunciation correction, so search is going on.