[Solved] Extension to reset search engine after one search?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Weboh
Moon lover
Moon lover

[Solved] Extension to reset search engine after one search?

Unread post by Weboh » 2016-08-22, 18:36

I hate Australis, but I think it got one thing right: After selecting a search engine for a single search from the searchbox, it changes back to the default search engine for the next search. I can't tell you how many times I have used Wikipedia or Google Images for one thing and then type something else in the location bar expecting to be taken to Google results but ended up with searching one of those sites and having to reset the search engine and retype the query.

I can't find any current extensions for this, and since this is default behavior in Firefox now, no new ones are likely to be made. Has anyone seen one like this, or would it be easy for someone to make one?

(and yes Moonchild, after seeing your post about removing Google as a default option, I tried Duckduckgo again and it's not too bad. That's my default now. So the extension would preferably have a selectable default).
Last edited by Moonchild on 2016-08-23, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked Solved

Thehandyman1957

Re: Extension to reset search engine after one search?

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-08-22, 19:44

Weboh wrote:I hate Australis, but I think it got one thing right: After selecting a search engine for a single search from the searchbox, it changes back to the default search engine for the next search. I can't tell you how many times I have used Wikipedia or Google Images for one thing and then type something else in the location bar expecting to be taken to Google results but ended up with searching one of those sites and having to reset the search engine and retype the query.

I can't find any current extensions for this, and since this is default behavior in Firefox now, no new ones are likely to be made. Has anyone seen one like this, or would it be easy for someone to make one?

(and yes Moonchild, after seeing your post about removing Google as a default option, I tried Duckduckgo again and it's not too bad. That's my default now. So the extension would preferably have a selectable default).
Got just the thing for ya, SearchLoad Options Revived 0.7.4.2 https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ ... s-revived/

It will give you just what you need. :thumbup:
Screenshot - 8_22_2016 , 12_46_10 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-08-22, 19:45

:lol: Ya beat me to it. :mrgreen:

Weboh
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Weboh » 2016-08-22, 20:18

That's prefect! Thanks!

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-08-22, 21:02

Weboh wrote:That's prefect! Thanks!
Awesome!

Don't forget to mark your topic as solved. :mrgreen:

Weboh
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Weboh » 2016-08-23, 00:10

Can't find out how with this system. :/

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-08-23, 08:06

You can do it in your first post in this thread.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-08-23, 23:28

dark_moon wrote:You can do it in your first post in this thread.
It is interesting that in some places you can check a little box that says "I accept this answer" and
that makes it look like the issue has been solved. But other times I cannot find that box anywhere
and simply have to edit the title of the post with [SOLVED]. Not sure why, perhaps someone else knows. :think:

adisib
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by adisib » 2016-08-24, 00:53

Thehandyman1957 wrote: It is interesting that in some places you can check a little box that says "I accept this answer" and
that makes it look like the issue has been solved. But other times I cannot find that box anywhere
and simply have to edit the title of the post with [SOLVED]. Not sure why, perhaps someone else knows. :think:
It is probably limited to the support section of this forum (as well as bug reports and the Tycho section). This is for browser extension discussion, not browser support, so "solutions" aren't really necessary. This is just my guess of course.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-08-24, 02:41

adisib wrote:It is probably limited to the support section of this forum (as well as bug reports and the Tycho section). This is for browser extension discussion, not browser support, so "solutions" aren't really necessary. This is just my guess of course.
You may be right, I did ask Moonchild so I await his response.