Focus Last Selected Tab

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

xaos_

Focus Last Selected Tab

Unread post by xaos_ » 2015-11-23, 08:09

This is probably not even close to the right place to be posting this, but here it is ..

It seems the most recent update of Palemoon broke functionality with FLST .. Focus Last Selected Tab

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fww-flst/?src=search

.. basically just focuses the most recent viewed tab prior to the one just closed ... at least that's the only part of the functionality that I use.

(personally I think it should be a base optional function of the browser, but that's just me)

If anyone one knows of an optional plugin that I haven't been able to find, (or possibly Moonchild willing to implement it) .. it would be appreciated.

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Focus Last Selected Tab

Unread post by ketmar » 2015-11-23, 11:59

here's the script for UserChrome.js. sorry, i'm too lazy to make full-featured extension.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CraigPD
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by CraigPD » 2015-11-23, 13:39

xaos_ wrote: If anyone one knows of an optional plugin that I haven't been able to find
Try version 1.1.5.1-signed. Never experienced any problems here updating from PM 15.* continuously to 25.8, though I haven't tested the latest 1.2.0.1-signed.

xaos_

Unread post by xaos_ » 2015-11-24, 02:43

Thanks for the replies .. mayhap when I stop being lazy myself I'll get around to using the js script instead.

.. it didn't occur to me to try and older version, the logic being whatever existing portion of the browser it was using had been changed, so none of the versions would work .. the older version does indeed still work however .. (though it seems strange that is should) ..

elsewise, thanks again.

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2015-11-24, 11:30

using the extension is better than my script anyway. that script was written by myself and for myself only. ;-) extension is much better tested. but still, you may try it too: it does exactly what you described, and even has some items in tab context menu (you can ignore tab, forget it, move it to top or to bottom of the list).

xaos_

Unread post by xaos_ » 2015-11-26, 08:02

.. this is me being extremely lazy .. ketmar, haven't actually gotten around to having a look at your script yet, but by your description, it seems like i should .. soon. (also seems like it would make for an interesting plugin)

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2015-11-26, 14:36

i really should convert it to addon. tbh, it was written out of desperation: other tab enhancers were either too big, or didn't do what i want. it's a part of my "better opera" suite ;-), which brings back features i miss from Opera9. i cutted all that, though, including using "1" and "2" keys to switch tabs.

p.s. i still didn't wrote "stacking tabs". panoramas are nice, but i miss opera's tab stacks.

xaos_

Unread post by xaos_ » 2015-12-07, 22:53

..it seems at least on bugged part of FLST .. including the tabswitch.js , is middle clicking a link to open a new tab. it fails to switch back to the 'parent' tab after closing the new tab .. this page, which i happened to have open between the two, got focused instead, so this is my comment about it. what could it possibly be? ..

(it really sucks having to find a parent tab back after closing a child, especially after being used to FLST functionality)

CraigPD
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by CraigPD » 2015-12-08, 08:42

xaos_ wrote:middle clicking a link to open a new tab. it fails to switch back to the 'parent' tab after closing the new tab
Cannot confirm w/ FLST version 1.1.5 on PM Portable 25.8.1 (x86) Win 7 (x64).

xaos_

Unread post by xaos_ » 2015-12-13, 21:21

blah .. strange.
well, still happening. it seems to be more related to focusing back to a pinned tab, though I can't say for sure, as it seems to fail randomly while i'm distracted and unable to account for my actions prior to the failure. 75% functionality is better than nothing i guess.

thanks for the inputs however.