Pale Moon (Mac) 25.4.0b2++ build

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
orlfman

Re: Pale Moon (Mac) 25.4.0b2++ build

Unread post by orlfman » 2015-07-04, 16:18

just want to add a thank you for the mac build. been using pale moon on my linux computers for awhile now and when i noticed it for mac, i ditched safari for it on my imac.

sugis

Unread post by sugis » 2015-08-15, 03:54

BitVapor (or anyone else?), any interest in posting your source branch and some bare-bones build instructions, so maybe a volunteer can play around with automating the build? It would be great to have up to date builds automatically.

ivandub

Unread post by ivandub » 2015-08-29, 21:30

First, thanks for your efforts in making this OS X beta version of Pale Moon/NewMoon available. I've only jut heard of Pale Moon and, like many others, being dismayed at the direction that Firefox and others have taken, decided to give it a try. I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5 on an early 2013, 15" MacBook Pro (Retina). The installation went smoothly and I had no trouble configuring it the way I liked and adding my bookmarks from Firefox was easy. So far, in the short time I've been using it, everything works as it should. I will continue to use this as my main browser and should I encounter any bugs, I'll be sure to post them on here. As long as you and the Pale Moon folks stick to your principles and continue to provide a browser with a simple and clean interface, I will be sure to keep using it. Best regards from Canada!!

Edit: August 31, 2015. I've been using the latest build for a day now on a couple of laptops running OS X 10.10.5 and one running 10.8.5 and so far, so good. Everything seems to work as expected...nice and snappy and nothing I've found that I could call a bug. Quite impressive!! I'm loving it so far...great work, keep it up!!
Last edited by ivandub on 2015-09-01, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.

Nubby

Unread post by Nubby » 2015-08-31, 14:52

Pale Moon works on 10.5.5 for us as well.

We have a XUL client application that runs from the -chrome command-line option and that's working. And you can probably guess why we suddenly got interested in Pale Moon. :)

HarmonicResonance

Unread post by HarmonicResonance » 2015-09-18, 03:27

sugis wrote:BitVapor (or anyone else?), any interest in posting your source branch and some bare-bones build instructions, so maybe a volunteer can play around with automating the build? It would be great to have up to date builds automatically.
Yes, please. Anyone? Searching the forums doesn't turn up much and there's nothing obvious out on Github.

rampancy
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by rampancy » 2015-09-20, 15:18

Any word on new builds for OS X?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-09-20, 19:52

I've shot BitVapor a PM about this. No response yet.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite