Using Palemoon w/o Tabs

General discussion and chat (archived)
TwoTankAmin
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Using Palemoon w/o Tabs

Unread post by TwoTankAmin » 2014-07-23, 15:23

Hi to all the wonderful folks who make this alternative to Firefox.

I have used Firefox for a number of years and have, like so many others, been greatly disappointed in the direction it has moved. Australis was the final straw and I have elected to remain with version 28. I am not a typical user in how I like to browse and while I am seriously contemplating making the switch to Palemoon, I have some questions.

My main concern is I am not a fan of tabbed browsing and prefer to use multiple windows. I am also not a fan if needing a zillion addons and extensions. I have never used a theme aside from the default ones and my windows 7 still uses the classic windows look. One of my very few extensions with Firefox is the one that gets rid of the tab bar when only one tab is open. So before I am even willing to download Palemoon, I would like to know if I can still easily browse using multiple windows rather than tabs? In fact, I would like not to have major changes made in either the layout or functionality of my browser. In essence I am averse to change and find familiarity of function, i.e. user interface, to be of paramount importance. I should also mention I only connect to the net using my PC. I do not own (and never have) a smart phone, tablet or laptop

Here is a screen shot of my browser. Can anybody tell me if I were to use Palemoon, how closely I can make it look/work like this?

Thanks for any help/input
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Using Palemoon w/o Tabs

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-23, 15:27

Multi-window browsing is no problem at all in Pale Moon. You also have the setting in the browser to hide the tab bar when there is only one tab (uncheck "Always show the tab bar" in options). The looks you have in your screenshot are easy to create without any add-on. To separate the stop and reload you may need to put a space between them so they don't automatically combine, but otherwise no real tricks are needed for that.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-07-23, 18:53

@TwoTankAmin

Below is my screenshot of your message showing you what your Firefox browser looks like and what my inux Pale Moon looks like in linux Mint 17. You'll have to click on my attachment to enlarge and see the screenshot clearly.

I made my linux Pale Moon to closely resemble your Firefox browser. As you can see your Firefox browser and my linux Pale Moon browser, they are almost identical. I use a few separators between my home and stop/refresh buttons, between my home button and the navigation/address bar and at the end of the search bar also. My only extension is NoSquint and you can see it on the far right of my add-on bar above the time and date.

The only think I forgot to do was have another window open next to my yellow colored Pale Moon forum window on the far left of my taskbar, but that can be done too. I also like to use multiple windows instead of tabs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-07-23, 20:47

Moonchild wrote:To separate the stop and reload you may need to put a space between them so they don't automatically combine
In that order it is not required. They only merge when reload is in front of stop.