Pale Moon for Android 24.7.2

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Pale Moon for Android 24.7.2

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-11, 19:57

I've updated the Pale Moon for Android version to 24.7.2

Some important things to note here:
  • You will have to uninstall the previous version before you install this one. I've had to change the application ID to be able to publish it in the Google Play Store (due to the inflexible Google Play setup and the unapproved publication of Pale Moon on it by an unrelated publisher).
    The ID is now org.palemoon.android instead of org.palemoon.mobile
  • The update incorporates relevant security fixes but otherwise nothing much of significance. This is just a maintenance release.
  • This version will be published on the Google Play store as well as direct download from FTP like before. If you prefer to get it through there, be a little patient as I'm setting up the necessary materials for it.
Download: ftp://publicandroid:get@ftp.palemoon.org/releases/palemoon-24.7.2-android-arm.apk

If FTP does not work, you can also download it via HTTP here.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

JSB2000

Re: Pale Moon for Android 24.7.2

Unread post by JSB2000 » 2014-09-12, 14:03

Actually, I was able to install the new version along side of the previous (non-Google Pray installed) one. That came in handy, as I'd done some custom tweaks that I wanted to migrate over from the previous version. It was nice to be able to flip back and forth to make comparisons, test functionality, etc.

Having said that, 24.7.2 is looking very good. I have the Android version syncing via my personal owncloud server with the desktop version on two different laptops. All three are purring right along in perfect step with one another.

Great work, Moonchild!