Linux maintenance Concerns.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Linux maintenance Concerns.

Unread post by Moonraker » 2015-10-04, 18:01

Hi
Upon reading in this forum it would appear the upkeep and updating of the linux version of palemoon is a bit shaky and hit and miss which must be very un-nerving for linux users.
Is there a solid and dependable crew on board maintaining the linux version..?

Thanks. :?
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Linux maintenance Concerns.

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-10-04, 19:43

@Moonraker

I've been using linux Pale Moon ever since it's inception for public release and that was back in January of 2014. When Moonchild releases windows Pale Moon on a particular date, trava90 (Travis), who is the maintainer for linux Pale Moon, usually releases linux Pale Moon on the same day, but a few hours later. And if Travis has a scheduling conflict where he might be a little behind on the release date, Moonchild steps in to make the release. The linux versions of Pale Moon have been rock solid too. I've never had any problems with linux Pale Moon either.

But getting back to your comment of, "it would appear the upkeep and updating of the linux version of palemoon is a bit shaky and hit and miss", what EXACTLY do you mean by that comment? I'm asking because if I was Travis, I'd feel insulted by your comment.
Last edited by Night Wing on 2015-10-04, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2015-10-04, 19:46

I must apologise as i was reading an older thread in regard to the linux version.
Thanks for your reply none the less. :o

However i find your defensive stance on this quite puzzling.It was only a comment and one which i feel i am entitled to say.
The long term upkeep of a browser is a big undertaking and concerns about this are justified.We are not speaking about corporations like mozilla and google here where they employ hundreds of people .

Catch my drift.....? ;)

Pale moon 29.4.1

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-10-04, 19:59

HI Moonraker,

While it is true that the two previous Linux maintainers were a bit "shaky", I believe I have been very consistent with the Linux releases. While it's true that I'm usually a few hours behind Moonchild, I ALWAYS make it a point to release the same day if at all possible.

And no worries, no offense was taken. I can understand the reservation someone might have by reading topics from when the previous maintainers were here. I knew it was a responsibility when I took over the Linux builds, and I take that responsibility seriously.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2015-10-04, 20:03

Hi travis.
Please forgive me.i was not being critical of anybody in particular.I must apologise for my brash assumptions.
As i said before,i was reading older content.Its late here in england and my eyes are tired lol.
Best wishes. :oops:

Pale moon 29.4.1

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-10-04, 20:05

No problem. As I said, no offense was taken :)