[Solved] Cairo Dock Double Icons - 25.5.0 - Xubuntu 15.10

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
branwerks

[Solved] Cairo Dock Double Icons - 25.5.0 - Xubuntu 15.10

Unread post by branwerks » 2015-06-23, 14:21

Anything other than creating a custom launcher and manually entering paths to the executable and icon from the program folder I extraced into my home directory, doesn't work. Creating a .desktop file and dragging and dropping launcher from the applications menu doesn't work. I guess I'm living with double icons or going back to xfce4 panel unless there's a 3rd alternative ?
Last edited by branwerks on 2015-06-23, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

branwerks

Re: Cairo Dock Double Icons - 25.5.0 - Xubuntu 15.10

Unread post by branwerks » 2015-06-23, 17:38

I've tried everything I can think of. I used both the zipped build and installed version, nothing makes a difference. This is the same problem as Chrome double icons in Plank on Elementary. I tried that fix for this issue, didn't work. Anyone ?

branwerks

Re: Cairo Dock Double Icons - 25.5.0 - Xubuntu 15.10

Unread post by branwerks » 2015-06-23, 17:58

Right click on launcher > edit > extra parameters > class > grab > click anywhere in an open Pale Moon window and the class option populates with " pale moon." Hit apply then close. Problem solved. :arrow: