Forgot how to update flash

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Forgot how to update flash

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-05-14, 00:27

I forgot how to update flash in PM Linux. I did a search but couldn't find anything. There is no update button in the Add-ons manager. Neither can I get the update from Mint's Software manager. I downloaded the .tar.gz file but can't figure it out. Any help?

EDIT:
Okay, figured it out and extracted and copied over the libflashplayer.so file from the .tar.gz file to /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin and it seems to have updated and works correctly. Is that the only file that needs extracted over? Is there an easier way to update flash?

SECOND EDIT:
Does the usr folder in /home/name/ need replaced also?

squarefractal

Re: Forgot how to update flash

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-05-14, 07:55

helloimustbegoing wrote: Is that the only file that needs extracted over?
For the flash player to just work, yes, it's the only thing needed.
However, you can also copy over the contents of the usr/ folder to /usr/ on your system, they contain the Flash Player's properties executable.

Also, there's no usr directory in /home/* .

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-05-14, 22:11

squarefractal wrote:
Also, there's no usr directory in /home/* .
I have one.
usr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

squarefractal

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-05-15, 12:41

Maybe you extracted some package and have a leftover?

BTW, this is an offtopic discussion, we can take it to another thread if you like to.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-05-16, 01:38

squarefractal wrote:
BTW, this is an offtopic discussion, we can take it to another thread if you like to.
In a way it isn't offtopic. That usr folder in /home contains flash files. So it's in the wrong place?

squarefractal

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-05-16, 16:53

helloimustbegoing wrote:In a way it isn't offtopic. That usr folder in /home contains flash files. So it's in the wrong place?
Yes.

It should be moved to your system's /usr.