[SOLVED] Remove listing from address bar

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
14themoon

[SOLVED] Remove listing from address bar

Unread post by 14themoon » 2015-05-12, 22:41

I accidentally hit on an address which was then listed in my drop down address bar. How do I remove that single item without having to remove all the other
addresses? Thank you in advance!
Last edited by trava90 on 2015-05-13, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marking SOLVED

martywd

Re: Remove listing from address bar

Unread post by martywd » 2015-05-12, 23:27

14themoon wrote:I accidentally hit on an address which was then listed in my drop down address bar. How do I remove that single item without having to remove all the other
addresses? Thank you in advance!
If I understand correctly and you are referring to the 'Navigation Toolbar'...? Then enter text in the 'Navigation Toolbar' that will bring up the errant address in the drop down list, arrow down the list so that the address you want to remove is highlighted, then HOLD DOWN the <Shift> key and then press the DELETE key.

Rinse, repeat as necessary.

14themoon

Unread post by 14themoon » 2015-05-13, 00:22

You understood me, and that solved the problem perfectly! Thank you. Very simple solution, but where would you know to look for this kind of thing?

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2015-05-13, 00:53

14themoon wrote:You understood me, and that solved the problem perfectly! Thank you. Very simple solution, but where would you know to look for this kind of thing?
That, I have no answer for... I've been struggling with computers since MS-DOS. It's something I 'picked up' along the way. This works in not just Linux, and certainly in Windows as well, maybe w/ MACs, too? I haven't place my hands on a MAC in years, so I'm not sure?