[SOLVED] Pale Moon says AFP is outdated on Tahrpup 6.0.2 CE

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
KNTRO

[SOLVED] Pale Moon says AFP is outdated on Tahrpup 6.0.2 CE

Unread post by KNTRO » 2015-05-05, 17:24

Hi there,

I was trying Puppy Linux 6.0.2 tahrpup CE a little bit, since this distro includes Pale Moon as its default web browser. It comes with Pale Moon 24.7.1 —If I remember it well— but I have updated it to 25.3.2 via the pminstaller.

Everything was working fine. I decided to install the Adobe Flash Player plugin. I did it successfully, installed the latest release for GNU/Linux 32 bit OS: 11.2.202.457.

First, Pale Moon said my Adobe Flash Player plugin was updated. I could play some music in Deezer for instance. Then, I tried others Flash based websites, like friv.com. This was when problems begun…

Friv didn't load, just shown a warning about Flash. And then Pale Moon said I had a vulnerable version of Flash Player, and Pale Moon disabled it. I reported it at Bugzilla, but not sure who to blame: Mozilla, Moonchild or Adobe. :lol:

Could someone else confirm if this happens to you and if it's a bug related to Pale Moon or Puppy Linux 6.0.2 or AFP, please?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by trava90 on 2015-05-09, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as SOLVED

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon says AFP is outdated on Puppy Tahrpup 6.0.2 CE

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-05-05, 20:07

It's a known issue related to the way Adobe uses commas in a version number in their library, and the particular version checking routine in Pale Moon that expects periods.

The current blocklist should, however, not have an entry for the Flash plugin (because of this known issue).
A new installation of Pale Moon comes with a blocklist, and it may block Flash initially, but if it grabs a new copy from the blocklist server that should resolve it.

if it's somehow still erroneous I can have a look -- I do have a fix lined up for 25.4 that should fix this once and for all.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2015-05-07, 03:00

Thanks for this info! :thumbup: I will let know this to the guys at Bugzilla.

[Should I mark this topic as SOLVED?]
Off-topic:
BTW, Besides Puppy Linux, is there another GNU/Linux distribution using Pale Moon as default web browser?

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-05-07, 04:26

Off-topic:
Manjaro uses Pale Moon as the default browser for their netbook edition. PCLinuxOS also includes Pale Moon in their official repository (though it's not the default browser). Check this post.

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2015-05-08, 13:40

Thanks for that link, trava90! It really helped me a lot! [I'll add this info to Wikipedia :shh:].