Why does PM4L come with so many plug-ins?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Why does PM4L come with so many plug-ins?

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-03-23, 00:37

As the title states, why does PM4L come with so many plug-ins? How can I delete them?

[Sorry, still learning Linux.] :shock:

andy80
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Why does PM4L come with so many plug-ins?

Unread post by andy80 » 2015-03-23, 01:14

Pale Moon uses the plugins that are either installed in the system, or in your home, in specific directories.

So, if you see a lot of plugins, this means that they are installed in the system independently from Pale Moon. For instance, currently I have only 3 plugins installed that manage java applets, flash, and some video format.

If you want to delete them, remove them via the software manager of the distribution you are using.

SvenG

Re: Why does PM4L come with so many plug-ins?

Unread post by SvenG » 2015-03-23, 08:55

You can also just disable them in the browser, many media players (VLC, Totem, mplayer, etc) come with plugins. At the moment there are like 14 installed on my system but most are disabled.