New to Linux, Not new to Palemoon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
PMarch

Re: New to Linux, Not new to Palemoon

Unread post by PMarch » 2015-02-01, 01:18

SvenG wrote:
PMarch wrote:the only difference.. is that i only had to go properties on the files ..
Right, forgot about that, that's even more Windows :D Anyway, what is behind that file is what I have posted above, so actually, it is just a text file, that you can open and edit.

Another Linux lesson learned :ugeek: And welcome to Ubuntu!

There is a lot to learn... but i am getting tired of windows..

so i decided to make the plunge and try with one of my 3 laptop.
that is the one i take to work and play my game with.. yes.. at work LOL
i can learn easier there then at home when wife is always talking :d

i really appreciate the help on this one.. i hope it will help other newb like me :D

Cheers

Paul

rea987

Re: New to Linux, Not new to Palemoon

Unread post by rea987 » 2015-02-01, 01:21

Off-topic:
Wow, it is nice to see the problem is solved. Now I am using Live Ubuntu and seriously "what the hack is that"? As a user of Gnome 2 and Mate for a long time, I have never thought creating a simple launcher would be that complicated. Is that the improvement and innovation that Ubuntu came up with? On Mate, all I need to do is to right click the desktop, choose to create a launcher and then enter the desired command; that's it. The launcher is ready... If anyone is looking for Windows-like experience in GNU/Linux, Ubuntu is obviously a wrong place to be. Linux Mint with Mate and Cinnamon seems and acts more familiar. No idea about KDE though...
Last edited by Moonchild on 2015-02-01, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed the offtopic typed header to the proper BBCode tag - please use it.