Pale Moon for Linux turns 1!

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Pale Moon for Linux turns 1!

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-01-30, 09:25

One year ago today (wow, has it really been that long?), Pale Moon 24.2.2 was released for the first time on Linux! I'd like to say "thank you!" to:

Moonchild, thank you for all the hard work you do in making this browser what it is! I know you put a lot of your free time into this project, and just want you to know that it is very much appreciated! Pale Moon is such a breath of fresh air compared to browsers from the likes of Google, Microsoft, and even Mozilla.

access2godzilla, thank you for putting the initial work into bring Pale Moon to Linux! I know you ran into some problems getting it to work correctly at first, but thank you for persevering until we had Pale Moon for Linux!

Tobin, thank you for all your hard work on the add-ons site, pseudo-static add-ons, FossaMail, Pale Moon for Windows XP, and all your other contributions! I know you also put a lot of free time into this project, and it is appreciated!

Thank you also to all the beta testers, forum staff, and of course the users!

It has been a great year for Pale Moon, and I'm excited to see what this next year will bring! Here's to another great year and beyond!

SvenG

Re: Pale Moon for Linux turns 1!

Unread post by SvenG » 2015-01-30, 09:38

Thanks and congratulations to everybody who was involved in PM4L! I didn't know that I was using it for more than half it's lifetime :ugeek:

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-01-30, 15:02

I'd like to thank all those people, past and present, who helped create linux Pale Moon. I started using the first public release of linux Pale Moon one year ago today. I was fortunate A2G (acess2gozilla) let me try out the beta version of linux Pale Moon in December of 2013. I told him he created a "winner".

I'm glad I'm using linux Pale Moon because it kept the same UI look of the old Firefox. It seems today, many browser creators are trying to copy the look, feel and the gutting of customization within the browser of Google Chrome........and I'm one of those who hate that look, feel and the less customization within browsers these days.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-01-30, 15:13

Congrats on a job well done and Happy Bday to PM4L!

rea987

Unread post by rea987 » 2015-01-31, 12:23

Nice! I really do not know how would I tolarate the catastrophe of Australis. Thanks for keeping the look of Firefox 4-29 era.

Crystallas

Unread post by Crystallas » 2015-02-02, 02:25

<3 <3 <3 Palemoon

Firefox official builds have been adding annoying changes along with any fixes since 2004 or so. I'm just so happy that enough users get it, understand what it means to be an experienced power user and not build a browser platform on concept that simple crunched up interfaces with little user customization is better.

K-Melon was promising back in its day. SeaMonkey is still fairly good. But I'll take Pale Moon any day as my primary browser. The difference is not just a vision I prefer on a few items, but it seems like EVERY difference Moonchild has with Firefox and the other projects, I love.