Best Kernel?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
IanDSamson

Re: Best Kernel?

Unread post by IanDSamson » 2014-12-19, 09:20

@trava90: I have removed the "low latency" kernel and installed 3.18.1-generic, and everything appears fine now. I was told that the "low latency" kernel is better for those who use many codecs as I do in audio/video editing, but that does not appear to be true.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Best Kernel?

Unread post by trava90 » 2014-12-19, 11:03

IanDSamson wrote:I was told that the "low latency" kernel is better for those who use many codecs as I do in audio/video editing, but that does not appear to be true.
There are people who say that, but most of what I read from around the web it seems that YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) when using low latency kernels, and that appears to be the case here.

Glad Pale Moon is working for you again!
Off-topic:
Just curious, did you notice any performance improvement when audio/video editing with the low latency kernel?