Known Distros To Contain Pale Moon?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
11ryanc

Known Distros To Contain Pale Moon?

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-12-11, 00:23

Composing this thread out of pure curiosity, being a partial Linux user myself. Are there any known distrobutions that ship with this web browser as the standard? From my past experience, the majority I've come across use Firefox as the default. Occasionally Chromium. I've never seen a distro that uses PM. Now being open source, anyone can fork or create 3rd party builds. (Pale Moon licensing varying, of course)
Do any official releases, containing PM exist at this time?
Last edited by 11ryanc on 2014-12-11, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Known Distros To Contain Pale Moon?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-12-11, 00:28

At least Tahrpup
Actually had another thread about that and resulting redist license changes. Since I didn't hear of any other distro maintainers before then, I don't think others use PM as part of their distro packages. They do have this freedom now, though (provided it's fully open source and free).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

11ryanc

Re: Known Distros To Contain Pale Moon?

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-12-11, 00:38

Moonchild wrote:At least Tahrpup
Actually had another thread about that and resulting redist license changes. Since I didn't hear of any other distro maintainers before then, I don't think others use PM as part of their distro packages. They do have this freedom now, though (provided it's fully open source and free).
I've actually come across quite a few Pale Moon users on Linux, single forum alone. So it's definitely not unknown to the Linux community. I suppose devs are accustomed to being Mozilla powered.
As far as redist license goes, I'll go have a peek at that now.