"Invalid Version" error due to stalled update

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
sqelch7

"Invalid Version" error due to stalled update

Unread post by sqelch7 » 2014-10-23, 21:23

Linux Ubuntu 14.04 on old C2Duo DG33FB, stalled on PM update to v25.01 @76%. Attempt to run pminstaller script resulted in "INVALID VERSION" and would not download until I shut all systems down and restarted router and comcast modem. ALL MY BOXES (1-XP, 1-Win7, 1-ATOM Ubuntu) FAILED TO RESOLVE DNS after this mishap and had to be rebooted. All on same IP. Not complaining, just curious. Oddly it burped again at 76% the 2nd time - but then continued after pause. Running beaut now - no prob, thx

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: "Invalid Version" error due to stalled update

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-24, 07:08

Sounds to me like you had a network interruption that confused the installer. Might have been on the Sourceforge side?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite