Installing Palemoon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
josephj11

Installing Palemoon

Unread post by josephj11 » 2014-10-03, 05:28

I just installed the "latest version" from your download page.

I'm having what looks like the same problem as the closed thread below using Kubuntu 14.04 with KDE 4.14.0
I have 4GB of memory and a 1st gen I5 processor, so I have plenty of resources for running PM.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3782&p=23416&hilit=crash#p23416

I am using a modified Oxygen theme, so I switched it to the Air theme, but it made no difference.

Running PM from a terminal, I was able to launch it and install two add-ons - flashgot and downthemall!

Running from the start menu didn't work.

Bringing up PM and then right clicking on the toolbar causes the crash without doing anything else. I was just rying to get to where I could add the icons for the two add-ons to a toolbar.

What else can I try?
I am a moderately competant user with a programming background, so I should be able to follow involved instructions.

I love Firefox for all the add-ons, but they keep changing things and breaking them.

Just curious, why do the messages reference /root/... ? That isn't where anything got installed on my system. It's in /opt.

Code: Select all

(process:17689): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(pale moon:17689): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(pale moon:17689): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(pale moon:17689): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(pale moon:17689): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /root/Projects/palemoon/Pale-Moon/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /root/Projects/palemoon/Pale-Moon/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

access2godzilla

Re: Installing Palemoon

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-10-03, 07:48

The oxygen-gtk themes are known to be buggy and cause crashes in many applications. Consider switching to another theme engine such as kde42-oxygen or gtk-oxygen-molecule (IIRC).