rendering issues (css?)

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
kbrannen

rendering issues (css?)

Unread post by kbrannen » 2014-09-03, 20:17

I've noticed a few rendering issues. I think they're CSS related, but I'm not entirely sure. This is for "Version: 24.7.1 (x64)" and I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.

The easiest one to see is to goto http://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page. Go down ~1 page and on the left you'll see a link for "g+" just after the "Tools" section and above the ad. Note that the button is so wide it goes into the comic (or 12cm wide on my screen, YMMV. :) I suspect it should be about the width of the tweet button below it.

I first noticed this issue on one of our internal apps. See attached files. render1.png is from Palemoon and render2.png is from Firefox 31.0. The pic in render2.png is the correct rendering (Chrome and IE look like #2 also). FWIW, before I used Palemoon, I used FF and it always worked there; OTOH, I've never seen this page work correctly in Palemoon. (Sorry for the tiny pic, but I'm not sure how much of the window I can share.)

It seems the bounding box is not calculated correctly in some cases.

Hmm, I just remembered that I have Palemoon in a Win7 in VMplayer (also 24.7.1). Checking both sites there, they render correctly, so this appears to be Linux only thing.

1. I wanted to report this.
2. Does anyone else have this problem?

If this is really the first report of this, I'll make the effort to reduce the code for our page down to something static, small, testable, and that I can share. (Presently, it's generated from a template with dynamic data on the main part of the screen.) If this problem is already known (I scaned the forum topics and didn't see any titles that looked like it might be about this), please let me know so I don't have to go thru the effort to make an example. Of course, the explainxkcd page is available now. :)

BTW, thanks to the devs who make this project possible and save us from Australis!

I've seen another rendering issued with TextArea fields, but I'll leave that for another day since FF has the same problem (or I'll go log the issue upstream from y'all).

Thanks!
Kevin
Attachments
from palemoon 24.7.1
from palemoon 24.7.1
render1.png (9.41 KiB) Viewed 788 times
from firefox 31.0
from firefox 31.0
render2.png (8.27 KiB) Viewed 788 times