[Solved] PM 24.6.2 crashes on opening bookmarks in new tab

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
dinosaur
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: PM 24.6.2 crashes on opening bookmarks in new tab

Unread post by dinosaur » 2014-06-17, 21:55

Moonchild wrote:I'll wait for your report back, and if good I'll put in a patch and tag-move on the release branch.
No crash... I think we can consider the issue resolved.
dinosaur wrote:Note that you might want to have a look at the NULL pointer guards patch I published above, yet, since they might also plug potential crashes...
I'll have a closer look at that for the next full release (I'm already doing 20 things at once this week :P). I'll credit you in the repo commit with your forum credentials if OK?
No problem. :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PM 24.6.2 crashes on opening bookmarks in new tab

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-06-17, 22:16

dinosaur wrote:
Moonchild wrote:I'll wait for your report back, and if good I'll put in a patch and tag-move on the release branch.
No crash... I think we can consider the issue resolved.
Teaches me to trust the stability of long-standing Mozilla code ;P
dinosaur wrote:Note that you might want to have a look at the NULL pointer guards patch I published above, yet, since they might also plug potential crashes...
I'll have a closer look at that for the next full release (I'm already doing 20 things at once this week :P). I'll credit you in the repo commit with your forum credentials if OK?
No problem. :)
Okay, will do, then, if it leads to a commit!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

cyansmoker

Re: [Solved] PM 24.6.2 crashes on opening bookmarks in new t

Unread post by cyansmoker » 2014-06-19, 00:16

OK. Now building...

Good catch, Dinosaur! I haven't had time to narrow it down myself yet (like you, work...) so I'm glad you made it look so easy :)