Looking for a new maintainer

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
access2godzilla

Re: Looking for a new maintainer

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-27, 06:41

Things are working as expected in cyansmoker's build.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-05-27, 12:44

Just installed linux Pale Moon from Cyansmoker's build on my spare laptop running an old version of Mint 14 and everything is working well. Linux Pale Moon has never been installed on this laptop in Mint. YouTube videos with audio play. Installed my Pale Moon launcher icon in both the Panel taskbar and on the Desktop. Changed the sessions history integer from 2 to 0 in "about:config" and no problem with Google when using the back button in the list of searches on the listings page.

Installed a lightweight (persona) theme named "Hydriel" and it looks good in the browser.

Congrats Cyansmoker. :D
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-27, 19:35

Thanks for the responses people - looks like we have a little Linux Team forming to make sure the PM4Linux builds are properly taken care of :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

teh-mood

Unread post by teh-mood » 2014-06-01, 23:57

I'm so glad to see this community will continue Pale Moon binary builds for Linux. Thanks cyansmoker and access2godzilla.

I am building palemoon from source on openSUSE x64 and it works great! I will keep checking this forum for new information but let me know if I can help.

Valeria

Unread post by Valeria » 2014-06-02, 08:35

Hello everybody,

It is nice to see there are not one, not two, but three maintainers for Pale Moon for Linux! :clap: They are access2godzilla, cyansmoker, & mcwerewolf. Congratulations to them!

By the way, as I can see there is a new pminstaller version now: version 0.1.4 at SourceForge.net. What is its change-log or release notes?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

wayne128

Unread post by wayne128 » 2014-06-02, 11:03

cyansmoker wrote:UPDATE

After a brief pm chat with access2godzilla, I setup a Centos6.5 VM; installed some necessary stuff; then successfully built and ran v24.5.0.

Future versions will be more work but hopefully not insanely so, therefore I am volunteering to maintain the package if moonchild is ok with that.

I would appreciate you guys downloading it and running it for a while as a portable app and let me know if you find that I broke anything.
Downloaded this build by cyansmoker.
Install OK on Linuxmint-17-Mate-64-bit.
Use it for a while on surfing, forums, listening and watching Youtube on line, etc.

So far all is good. :)