missing Mozilla runtime?!??

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
zedik

missing Mozilla runtime?!??

Unread post by zedik » 2016-07-09, 07:43

When I installed with pminstaller-0.2.1.sh, couldn't open browser. Only a message `couldn't find Mozilla runtime` appired.
Yet after I downloaded latest version [26.3.3] from archive and extracted - its working perfectly (sic!).
Mine OS is LinuxMint 18 Sara Cinnamon. Is pminstaller installing diffrent latest version?
Is it going to be fixed?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: missing Mozilla runtime?!??

Unread post by ron_1 » 2016-07-09, 14:02

That's an old version of the installer. Current version is 0.2.2. That's most likely the cause of the problem.

http://linux.palemoon.org/download/installer/

zedik

Unread post by zedik » 2016-07-10, 07:47

I downloaded installer 0.2.2 and installed latest version, alas PaleMoon doesn't open from the menu and run in terminal says `Could not find the Mozilla runtime`.
Funny, bcos couple days before I updated PaleMoon in previous LinuxMint 17.3 Rosa without any problems. Only in newest LinuxMint 18 Sara I need to run it from portable version. :(

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2016-07-10, 12:56

I don't have this problem (or any other) running Pale Moon on Mint 18 Mate. Probably will have to wait for trava90 for this one.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-07-10, 17:46

I cannot reproduce in a Mint 18 VM. Try using the uninstall option in the pminstaller, and after it's complete, make sure that there is no "palemoon" folder located in /opt (the installer should remove it, but in case it doesn't manually remove it). Reboot your PC and then try installing again.