Imgur

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
JustAnAccount

Imgur

Unread post by JustAnAccount » 2016-05-29, 02:23

Whenever I use Imgur on Pale Moon my systems memory shoots up to 2GB+ after 15 minutes or so of using the website. I've used other browsers to see if this was happening there too and it's not so I'm not too sure what's happening. It's not a big deal or anything I'd just like to know if there is some sort of fix.

Thehandyman1957

Re: Imgur

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-05-31, 06:48

Ok so I just spent like two hours going through that site for the first time ever, laughed my ars off.

Great site. Absolutely no problems.

JustAnAccount

Unread post by JustAnAccount » 2016-05-31, 14:34

Thehandyman1957 wrote:Ok so I just spent like two hours going through that site for the first time ever, laughed my ars off.

It's a pretty wonderful site but maybe it's just my distro or hardware then? I'm running Linux Mint 17.3 on a laptop and it just consumes my memory like no tomorrow.

BazBear

Unread post by BazBear » 2016-05-31, 20:44

JustAnAccount wrote:
Thehandyman1957 wrote:Ok so I just spent like two hours going through that site for the first time ever, laughed my ars off.

It's a pretty wonderful site but maybe it's just my distro or hardware then? I'm running Linux Mint 17.3 on a laptop and it just consumes my memory like no tomorrow.
I can't recreate the problem on my Lubuntu 14.04.4 laptop, RAM usage remained in the normal range after over a half hour of browsing around Imgur. I don't know if it matters, but which Mint desktop environment version are you using?

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-05-31, 21:24

Which version of Pale Moon are you using?

JustAnAccount

Unread post by JustAnAccount » 2016-06-02, 11:00

BazBear wrote:I can't recreate the problem on my Lubuntu 14.04.4 laptop, RAM usage remained in the normal range after over a half hour of browsing around Imgur. I don't know if it matters, but which Mint desktop environment version are you using?
Currently using Cinnamon. Thank you for the response.
trava90 wrote:Which version of Pale Moon are you using?
I'm using the latest version of Pale Moon. 26.2.2 (x64). Thank you for the response as well.

Also .gifv files don't work correctly when hovered over in the comment section.