Incomplete pages? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Czubek

Incomplete pages?

Unread post by Czubek » 2016-05-11, 23:50

Have had this problem before, but don't know what causes it.
Version: 26.2.1 (x64)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Incomplete pages?

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-05-12, 04:24

More details/information would be helpful.

Czubek

Unread post by Czubek » 2016-05-12, 10:05

I had an attachment showing the page in question, but it didn't make it. I'll try again.
I've had this same problem with other platforms and operating systems, too.

The page in question was working fine, then one time I went to load it, it was incomplete, then a reload caused what you see in the attachment.
Like I say, it's happened to other pages and other platforms within the Mozilla line, too.

I'm running Linux Mint 17.3, for an operating system.

Guess I can't add attachments.

In any event, what's happening is the pages aren't formed and all there are is a bunch of links that do nothing off to the left side of the page with everything else blank/white.
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Rad ... imate=true is the page it's happening on, this time.

Czubek

Unread post by Czubek » 2016-05-12, 11:05

This site is awesome!

I gripe about something not working and now it's working fine.

I don't know what happened, but it's fixed.

Czubek

Unread post by Czubek » 2016-06-22, 09:57

It seems to be happening again, and with a few blank pages, here and there.

I've tried turning off ad blockers, disabling and reenabling javascript, reloading pages and restarting the browser, but nothing works?

Brian

Walter Dnes
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Walter Dnes » 2016-06-22, 22:54

What is your MTU? Could it be too large? If you have a Windows machine, you could use the instructions on http://www.dslreports.com/faq/5793 to determine your largest valid MTU.

For my linux system,

Code: Select all

ping -s 1464 -M do www.intellicast.com
works but

Code: Select all

ping -s 1465 -M do www.intellicast.com
does not. I add 28 to 1464, and get 1492.

If you get an error about "Message too long", reduce the "1464" until it gets through. Add 28 to the maximum ping size that gets through, and make that your MTU. By the way, problems uploading attachments is one symptom of a too-large MTU setting. I can upload with no problem from my Gentoo machine.
There's a right way
There's a wrong way
And then there's my way

Czubek

Unread post by Czubek » 2016-06-23, 13:21

The MTU size, in the router, is set to 1500. I used both of your examples and the pings are going through and response is fine.
1473 bytes from www.intellicast.com (96.8.93.198): icmp_seq=484 ttl=246 time=57.
I set it to 1464 and got:
ping: local error: Message too long, mtu=1465
Brian

Walter Dnes
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Walter Dnes » 2016-06-25, 17:15

Are you on PPPOE type DSL? If so, try setting MTU to 1492 to compensate for PPPOE overhead. If that doesn't help, I can't think of anything else.
There's a right way
There's a wrong way
And then there's my way

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2016-06-30, 19:31

I think I have similar or the same problem. Lately (whatever that might be, weeks I'd guess) random pages often don't load fully or in completely broken state. In the case of Facebook (eh...), whenever I have a notification and I open it, a kind of blank FB page (where the content is supposed to be) opens instead, and I have to hit refresh. I am currently using PM 26.3 64bit, but the problem is spanning a few of the most recent versions at least. It MIGHT be a problem on my ISP's side, but I have no way of telling.

Is there any log somewhere I can save whenever I run into partially loaded/broken page?

Czubek

Unread post by Czubek » 2016-07-15, 21:54

Octopuss wrote:I think I have similar or the same problem. Lately (whatever that might be, weeks I'd guess) random pages often don't load fully or in completely broken state. In the case of Facebook (eh...), whenever I have a notification and I open it, a kind of blank FB page (where the content is supposed to be) opens instead, and I have to hit refresh. I am currently using PM 26.3 64bit, but the problem is spanning a few of the most recent versions at least. It MIGHT be a problem on my ISP's side, but I have no way of telling.

Is there any log somewhere I can save whenever I run into partially loaded/broken page?
I had tried to post a screenshot of what I get, which sounds just like what you explain, but they won't post, for whatever reason.

Brian

Czubek

Unread post by Czubek » 2016-10-07, 13:15

It's still doing this and unformed pages.

I'm about to try another browser.