[SOLVED] INOreader.com (RSS-reader) display problem in PM 26.0.0 Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
SfdudePM

Re: [SOLVED] INOreader.com (RSS-reader) display problem in PM 26.0.0

Unread post by SfdudePM » 2016-01-28, 11:58

Ok KNTRO - [SOLVED] : Done!

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2016-01-28, 12:08

Thank you so much, SfdudePM! :thumbup:

SfdudePM

Unread post by SfdudePM » 2016-01-28, 13:17

You too, KNTRO - have a great day!

Jacket

Unread post by Jacket » 2016-01-28, 14:03

Just in case you missed my post (because it was just approved) - http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=76170#p76170

KNTRO

Re: INOreader.com (RSS-reader) display problem in PM 26.0.0

Unread post by KNTRO » 2016-01-28, 14:06

Jacket wrote:Inoreader dev here.

The problem is indeed the presence of Goa in the user agent, because the server-side detection library that we use (Mobile Detect) thinks it's a phone.
Jacket wrote:What you can do to bring awareness is to go to the Mobile Detect's demo, check the results and use their feedback form to report the issue. You could also open up an issue on their GitHub. It seems that they are responsive there.
Good luck.
Already reported it here.

Thank you a lot, Jacket! Your info is indeed very useful. Thank you for taking some time in notify us about this. :thumbup:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-28, 14:32

Jacket wrote:Inoreader dev here.

What you can do to bring awareness is to go to the Mobile Detect's demo, check the results and use their feedback form to report the issue. You could also open up an issue on their GitHub. It seems that they are responsive there.
Thanks for joining the conversation with this insight!
I gathered it was one of the available detection libraries that would be at fault, and knowing which one you use can solve these issues for us for all affected sites that happen to use the library in one go. An issue has been opened (thanks, KNTRO) and hopefully updated with enough information to make this a quick fix by them.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-28, 14:34

KNTRO wrote:Now, you can edit your first post in this thread and add [SOLVED] in its title. ;)
This is actually no longer needed. we now have "marked solved" buttons on (select) support boards including this one, allowing you to use the check mark button on posts that resolve issues to mark the post as a solution, and the topic as solved, in a single click. No more manual editing of the first post is needed on boards that have this feature enabled :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Jacket

Unread post by Jacket » 2016-01-28, 14:50

Glad we've helped here!. Keep up the good work with Pale Moon!

SfdudePM

Unread post by SfdudePM » 2016-01-28, 22:21

Thank you for being so professional
and caring about your Users, Jacket!

No wonder INOreader
is the best (and most popular by far)
RSS Reader out there! :thumbup:

If you haven't tried it,
take INOreader out for a spin...
you'll understand why this thread is so long.

We just HAD to make INOreader
work again in Pale Moon v26! :D

serbang

Unread post by serbang » 2016-04-18, 15:34

Sorry for the problem! I merged you pull request and added some tests to not conflict with the current PaleMoon browser signature. :coffee: :thumbup:

Serban (Mobile Detect)

JimmS

Unread post by JimmS » 2017-01-07, 11:51

Hello,

after 27.0.2 (I think, it was recent quite big update, maybe it was 27) , innoreader extension (innoreader RSS Extension 1.5.1. signed.1 signed) makes Palemoon somehow broken (I cant save any images from web - it appears as infinite download status, and also facebook image popups strangelly loops in pops up, pops out). Unfortunatelly 27.0.3 doesnt fix this problems.

I am pretty dependend on Innoreader RSS, could you please look what can change in core since those two latest Palemoon versions? If I disable extension, the browser works fine.

Thank you in advance

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-01-07, 22:16

Pale Moon 26 especially 26.0.0 is out of date and unsupported.

JimmS

Unread post by JimmS » 2017-01-08, 05:30

I just didnt want to create another PM + Innoreader plugin topic, the problem is, as I wrote, with PM 27.0.2 (or 27) and higher unfortunatelly.

Edit: Maybe I am wrong about plugin.. Yesterday I tried to disable all extensions, and enable one by one and testing download image/click on fb photos, and it looks like inooreader cause that. Today, I disabled all extensions, and the behauviour is still the same :( I am desperate now.