vBulletin forums loading mobile site by default

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Kunagi7

vBulletin forums loading mobile site by default

Unread post by Kunagi7 » 2016-01-26, 22:59

Hello,
I'm testing PM26 with my usual sites in Windows and Linux (both x64) and several problems arise:
- https://forocoches.com
- https://skyscrapercity.com
They load the mobile version. After adding an useragent override to Firefox 38 they work as they should.
And trying to load phoronix's website randomly leads to a browser crash.
Also, kissmanga.com always crashes the whole thing too (Linux).

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: vBulletin forums loading mobile site by default

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-26, 23:12

Please contact the board operators to let them know about their incorrect detection.

kissmanga.com doesn't crash the browser here. Loads up just fine (Windows). Could you provide a stacktrace or similar?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2016-01-26, 23:32

Kunagi7 wrote:...
Also, kissmanga.com always crashes the whole thing too (Linux).
I just went to kissmanga.com and poked around a bit. I'm running PM 26.0.0 (x64) on LM 17.3 MATE 64-bit. _No_ crashes for me.

For some reason I find it laughable that kissmanga.com's 'Report Error' button takes one to a Facebook login.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-01-27, 02:31

Kunagi7 wrote:They load the mobile version. After adding an useragent override to Firefox 38 they work as they should.
See the Release notes:
Although we've given this release extensive testing, it is still possible you run into some website compatibility issues (usually because of websites doing useragent sniffing) and e.g. some sites displaying a mobile version if they do not recognize or incorrectly recognize the new browser engine. Please always try contacting the webmasters first before posting support requests at our address, since this is usually not something we can provide solutions for, ourselves, and we end up having to redirect you anyway.
Kunagi7 wrote:And trying to load phoronix's website randomly leads to a browser crash.
I visit Phoronix on a very regular basis and have not encountered any issues (in fact, on my system the site is more responsive with Pale Moon 26).
Kunagi7 wrote:Also, kissmanga.com always crashes the whole thing too (Linux).
Poking around kissmanga's site didn't cause any crashes for me.

Kunagi7

Unread post by Kunagi7 » 2016-01-27, 22:14

trava90 wrote:
Kunagi7 wrote:They load the mobile version. After adding an useragent override to Firefox 38 they work as they should.
See the Release notes:
Although we've given this release extensive testing, it is still possible you run into some website compatibility issues (usually because of websites doing useragent sniffing) and e.g. some sites displaying a mobile version if they do not recognize or incorrectly recognize the new browser engine. Please always try contacting the webmasters first before posting support requests at our address, since this is usually not something we can provide solutions for, ourselves, and we end up having to redirect you anyway.
Since it was a vBulletin issue I didn't know what to do, one option is contact to vBulletin (it could help in the future versions) and the other one to the webmasters of both forums (the forocoches.com admin hasn't updated the site for ages).
trava90 wrote:
Kunagi7 wrote:And trying to load phoronix's website randomly leads to a browser crash.
I visit Phoronix on a very regular basis and have not encountered any issues (in fact, on my system the site is more responsive with Pale Moon 26).
I appreciated that too :).
trava90 wrote:
Kunagi7 wrote:Also, kissmanga.com always crashes the whole thing too (Linux).
Poking around kissmanga's site didn't cause any crashes for me.
I created a new fresh profile and now both sites work as they should :shock: ... The old profile seems to break completely, sadly I remember that the same thing happened when I updated from v24->25.
Since this weird crashes only happened to me in Linux maybe updating with the same profile leads to an unstable browser.
I attached gdb to the process and this is the output:

Code: Select all

[New Thread 0x7fff5b7fe700 (LWP 15112)]
[New Thread 0x7fff74bf8700 (LWP 15148)]
[New Thread 0x7fff777fe700 (LWP 15150)]
[New Thread 0x7fff3dbff700 (LWP 15156)]
[New Thread 0x7fff3d3fe700 (LWP 15157)]
[New Thread 0x7fff3cbfd700 (LWP 15158)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0x7fff8ffff700 (LWP 15012)]
0x00007ffff2dc4179 in ?? () from /opt/palemoon_26/libxul.so

BazBear

Unread post by BazBear » 2016-01-28, 02:21

After visiting several of my regular fora (as well as the ones the OP was having issues with) this doesn't seem to effect sites using vB 4 or older, just vB 5 sites.