yet another adobe flash update needed ?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

yet another adobe flash update needed ?

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2016-01-22, 15:57

I have shokwave flash 11.2.202.508 on PM 25 Linux, Since today it prompts me to update. For serious ?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: yet another adobe flash update needed ?

Unread post by ron_1 » 2016-01-22, 16:25

The current Linux version for Flash is 11.2.202.559. Has been for a while now.

broadstairs

Unread post by broadstairs » 2016-01-28, 15:15

Try installing freshplayerplugin and chromium-pepper-flash instead, works for me OK instead of the Adobe one which is well old and no longer updated.

Stuart

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2016-01-28, 16:02

helloimustbegoing wrote:11.2.202.559. Has been for a while now.
Depends on your concept of "a while" :mrgreen:
I had installed 11.2.202.508 on 20 Aug 2015, and I won't call less than six month "a while".
I am a bit fed up of frequent updates, in general.
Luckily enough I had notes about the updating procedure and it was rather quick (it took more to discover where the download site had moved than to do all the rest :D )
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2016-01-28, 16:13

broadstairs wrote:Try installing freshplayerplugin and chromium-pepper-flash instead, works for me OK instead of the Adobe one which is well old and no longer updated.

Stuart
I use adobe flash 11.2 with no problems.
Give me one example where the "latest" flash player is crucial for web functionality.

V11.2 still receives security updates.This is the flash version which was tested on linux.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

broadstairs

Unread post by broadstairs » 2016-01-28, 16:42

You are correct that the Adobe one gets security updates but there are quite a large number of websites which wont work with the Linux version now as it is well out dated from a function perspective. However the chromium pepper flash has been functionally updated and so far using that all sites I visit which need flash work which has not been true using the Adobe version.

Stuart