PGP signatures

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Durian Gray

PGP signatures

Unread post by Durian Gray » 2015-11-14, 19:44

I just downloaded a few current Linux tar.bz2 files and noticed that they're signed with key ID C65285EC.
I can't find this key on any key servers or on the palemoon.org web site. Is it legit? Whose is it?

My understanding from this announcement is that all files should be signed with 8FCF9CEC.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PGP signatures

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-11-14, 22:50

Exactly which version did you download and from where?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Durian Gray

Unread post by Durian Gray » 2015-11-14, 23:41

The Linux x86 and x64 versions on this page: http://linux.palemoon.org/download/mainline/
E.g. tarball and signature.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-11-15, 02:08

Hmm.. maybe Travis can shed some light on this then. He's the one signing the Linux versions with his key since he's the builder/maintainer of them.

I thought that public key would be on the keyservers though. I'll push it up just in case.

Edit: Travis, didn't you create a PM4Linux specific key under 0x702F886A? Not using that?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Durian Gray

Unread post by Durian Gray » 2015-11-15, 03:54

It's there, I just wasn't looking hard enough!

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-11-15, 07:59

@Durian: Sorry for my late response. Glad you found it!

@Moonchild: I'm using key 0xC65285EC. I'll create a sticky on the Linux board as well as make my key available from the Linux site.

Sorry for the confusion.

Elizine

Unread post by Elizine » 2015-11-20, 05:24

Hi,

Please refer to the link below - {{SEO LINK REMOVED}}