PM Themes

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Barnaby

PM Themes

Unread post by Barnaby » 2015-11-11, 12:57

I am getting nearer each day to making PM my default browser for everything. Just one thing I would like. I know that there are various themes which can be installed, but they all seem to just change the icons. Is there some way to change the colour of the main, plain area of the PM screen? I prefer a plain screen with nothing on it. Thanks

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: PM Themes

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-11-11, 13:13

Each one of our themes does more than change icons.. I can assure you of that.. You may want to look at white moon.

Barnaby

Unread post by Barnaby » 2015-11-11, 13:28

I have looked at White Moon, and others. But there does not seem any way to remove or hide the words Pale Moon and the circular icon in the middle of the screen. I like to have the main part of the screen completely blank. I do choose 'When Pale Moon starts show a blank page' but this still leaves the words and icon in the middle of the screen.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-11-11, 13:30

Oh that... It's simple.. Just in Tools > Options set: When Pale Moon Starts: Show my Homepage and enter the url as about:blank. If you want the same thing when you open a new tab.. Just go into about:config and set the pref: browser.newtab.url to about:blank .

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-11-11, 18:40

Barnaby wrote:I am getting nearer each day to making PM my default browser for everything. Just one thing I would like. I know that there are various themes which can be installed, but they all seem to just change the icons. Is there some way to change the colour of the main, plain area of the PM screen? I prefer a plain screen with nothing on it. Thanks
Open Pale Moon options, and select the "Tabs" pane. At the bottom of the "Tabs" pane, find "When opening a new tab, show:". Select "The Quickdial page" from the dropdown menu and click "OK".

Open a new new-tab-page. This will open the "Quickdial" page ("about:newtab"). At the upper-right of the "Quickdial" page, you should find a toggle button. If you are on the Quickdial grid page, click the toggle button icon to hide the grid and switch to the Quickdial blank page. To use this blank page when starting Pale Moon, open Pale Moon options ("General" pane). Change "When Pale Moon starts:" to "Show my home page". Then, change your home page to "about:newtab".

Use the ThemeTool extension to add a color or image background to your new tab blank page (or new tab grid page). ThemeTool can also be used to change the background of the page header or page footer (status bar) by applying a light theme.

If desired, you can also manually change your new tab page, from the default ("about:logopage") to "about:blank", "about:home", "about:newtab", or custom new tab page url. Change by modifying the value of "browser.newtab.url" in "about:config".

If you use "about:blank" or "about:home" for your new tab page, a color or image background can be added by adding the following user script to your "userContent.css" file in your "chrome" directory/folder in your user profile. If the "userContent.css" file or "chrome" directory do not exist, add them to your profile.

Example: Add color background to "about:blank" or "about:home"

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
@-moz-document url(about:blank) {
html,
body {
  background: -moz-radial-gradient(center,#A3B1BA,#CAD2D7) fixed !important ;
  background-color: #CAD2D7 !important ;
  overflow: hidden !important ;}}

@-moz-document url(about:home) {
#snippetContainer { display:none !important; }
#brandLogo { display:none !important; }
html,
body {
  background: -moz-radial-gradient(center,#A3B1BA,#CAD2D7) fixed !important ;
  background-color: #CAD2D7 !important ;
  overflow: hidden !important ;
}}
Example: Add image background to "about:blank" (Linux)

html,
body {
  background:  url("file:///home/.../Logo/wonder_lake.jpg") !important;
  margin:0px !important;
  background-color:#000000 !important;
  background-position:center !important;
  background-attachment:fixed !important;
Example: Add image background to "about:blank" (Windows)

html,
body {
  background:  url("file:///C:/Local/Logo/wonder_lake.jpg") !important;
  margin:0px !important;
  background-color:#000000 !important;
  background-position:center !important;
  background-attachment:fixed !important;

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-11-12, 01:49

riiis..

He just wanted it to be blank e.g. no about:logopage.. Please stop relentlessly advertising your extension with long winded marketing guff. I gave him the quickest, best, and most straight forward solution.

Barnaby

Unread post by Barnaby » 2015-11-12, 08:33

I took the easy route. I changed the home page to about:blank and set the preferences to start PM with that. Then I changed the relevant item in about:config so that new tabs now open with about:blank. Sorted.

The other set of instructions were much more involved and I am still studying them.

Thanks to all those who answered. Now all that is left to be sorted before I go completely over to PM is the problem with security badger.