FB Purity settings

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
FreddyP

FB Purity settings

Unread post by FreddyP » 2015-05-22, 01:22

New user - loving it! :D

In FB on Firefox, there's an FB Purity settings button next to the Home button, but that button's missing in Pale Moon and I can't see any way to adjust my FB Purity settings. (FB Purity is installed, of course, and seems to be working with the default settings.)

My add-ons are Adblock Latitude 3.02, FB Purity 9.3.2 and Noscript 2.6.9.22.

Thanks in advance!

squarefractal

Re: FB Purity settings

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-05-23, 16:31

FB Purity may be simply using application specific overlays with only Firefox as a target.

You need to request the developer to make changes according to the following guidelines: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5440

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-05-23, 16:33

Try installing Greesemonkey and using the user script version which isn't bound to any specific browser.

FreddyP

Unread post by FreddyP » 2015-05-24, 04:02

:D Thanks guys!

FreddyP

Unread post by FreddyP » 2015-05-24, 05:05

Installed Greasemonkey and the script version of FB Purity. It tells me that there are two versions running, though there aren't, and links to an FAQ item suggesting how to deal with the problem, neither of which works. There are two FBP icons now on the menu bar and neither works. It's possible that if I were more competent at scripting I could fix it, but I'm not. ;-)

I'll submit a bug report.

Thanks again! :thumbup:

FreddyP

Unread post by FreddyP » 2015-05-24, 23:30

Well that's weird.

I uninstalled the script version and reinstalled the standard version, and the link's now there! Perhapsy they responded quickly to the bug report.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-05-24, 23:33

Can anyone confirm that because I would like to eliminate it from the incompat list if that is the case.

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-05-25, 00:31

I just installed it (had never installed it before, not a FB user) and the icons does appear (though a bit out of position) when fb is loaded.
Last edited by x-15a2 on 2015-07-07, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

moon convert

Unread post by moon convert » 2015-07-07, 15:12

x-15a2 wrote:I just installed it (had never installed it before, no a FB user) and the icons does appear (though a bit out of position) when fb is loaded.
Did you download the latest version from the developers website, or the one from the Firefox add-ons site? I'm using the one from the developers site and the icon is positioned correctly.
Matt A Tobin wrote:Can anyone confirm that because I would like to eliminate it from the incompat list if that is the case.
I've been using the add on for a while, didn't realize it was on the incompatible list, and the add-ons site didn't complain when I installed it. Recently I've noticed something a bit strange though. When I use the add-on, pale moon tells me that Facebook is a "mixed content site," without the add-on Facebook is fully encrypted. This used to be the case in Firefox as well but as of version 39 and the most recent add-on update, the problem only seems to occur in palemoon. I've tried to troubleshoot a bit, but I'm not sure if I should go into that here, since I just realized this is a Linux thread and I'm a Windows user. Is it best to keep all the conversation about FB purity in one place or should I be starting a new thread?

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2015-07-07, 17:52

Matt A Tobin wrote:Can anyone confirm that because I would like to eliminate it from the incompat list if that is the case.
I use an add-on named Social Fixer which probably does the same (most of or some of at least) as FBPurity. It works with Pale Moon just fine. There is no options button on the browser (and it's meant that way), but there is an additional button (image of a wrench, on Facebook) when Facebook is loaded.
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'