Linux

Unread post by branwerks » 2014-10-03, 20:37

32 bit Linux build please

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Linux

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-10-03, 21:22

There is already a 32 bit linux Pale Moon. It's at the link below.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pm4linux/files/24.7.2/
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

branwerks

Unread post by branwerks » 2014-10-04, 01:02

Night Wing wrote:There is already a 32 bit linux Pale Moon. It's at the link below.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pm4linux/files/24.7.2/

I'm aware of this. The header says this is the FossaMail Development thread; I'm inquiring about a FossaMail Linux build, 32 bit.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-10-04, 03:39

Oops. :oops: Looks like I wasn't paying attention.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-04, 04:33

There are currently no plans to offer FossaMail for Linux. FossaMail is currently a low priority side project. The Browser remains our first and foremost priority. Though I have personally made assurances that the current FossaMail code base will be able to build with the Pale Moon back end (to gain the same advancements in shared components) it does remain little more than an optimized rebuild.

tekwyzrd

Unread post by tekwyzrd » 2014-11-01, 01:51

I came across a few references to FossaMail today while searching for a new email client and was hoping for a linux build as well. I dislike what they've done to Thunderbird so much that I've been relying on web mail but would prefer a desktop client. It would be nice to be able to use the same email client for both windows and linux. I did a lot of searching and Claws Mail seems to be the closes to what Thunderbird used to be that's available for both windows and linux.

jumba

Unread post by jumba » 2014-11-01, 17:45

tekwyzrd wrote:[..] I did a lot of searching and Claws Mail seems to be the closes to what Thunderbird used to be that's available for both windows and linux.
There is also Sylpheed, http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/

tekwyzrd

Unread post by tekwyzrd » 2014-11-01, 21:26

I looked at Sylpheed too but decided to try Claws due to the plugins supported. I honestly wish Mozilla had offered users a choice of interfaces - the chrome clone version for individuals confused by options or obsessed with 'less is more' and the classic version for individuals who use the available options.