Foissamail won't download gmail

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
vnoga

Foissamail won't download gmail

Unread post by vnoga » 2014-09-30, 15:04

It won't download gmail. Just started this problem today. Thunderbird works OK today, but I would like to go back to Fossamail. There have been no recent changes to my computer, so I don't know the cause. Win 7 64 bit up to date. Can you fix it?

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Foissamail won't download gmail

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-30, 15:22

WORKSFORME

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-30, 15:32

Works just fine for me also. I automatically collect gmail with FossaMail and today is no different than any other day.
Please check if something got "automatically updated" on your system, especially things like antivirus, firewall or internet security suite which might be interfering with FossaMail's network connections or run-time operation.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

vnoga

Unread post by vnoga » 2014-09-30, 17:21

Reinstalling Fossamail fixed whatever was wrong. Works fine now. It remembeed my profile, settings, and existing email, and downloaded the new email.

vnoga

Unread post by vnoga » 2014-09-30, 18:15

I think I know what caused the problem. Yesterday, after installing Libre Office 4.3.2 (to replace 4.3.1), I used the registry cleaner portion of Cleaner to "fix" 4 missing shared dll's dealing with fonts. After reinstalling Fossamail the same 4 items reappeared in CCleaner as needing "Fixed". I won't fix it this time! This the first time in many years of using CCleaner that one of their registry fixes caused a problem.