FossaMail Lightning Download Error...

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
Enginegeek

FossaMail Lightning Download Error...

Unread post by Enginegeek » 2014-09-07, 00:04

Folks,

I am getting an error that the download-able file is corrupt.

The error console reads:

Warning: WARN addons.xpi: Download failed: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8052000b (NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED) [nsIZipReader.open]" nsresult: "0x8052000b (NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/XPIProvider.jsm :: AI_loadManifest :: line 4802" data: no]
Source File: resource://gre/modules/XPIProvider.jsm
Line: 4802

Checking the error in the error console ( line 4802?) " zipreader.open(this.file); " is highlighted in blue as the error.

Talk to me please. I am running both TBird and Fossa and would like to migrate permanently to Fossa, as I rely on my Lightning Calendar and it is a must have. It is amazing how good Fossa is, the migration tool was incredible, as it brought in all the mail, addon's including the addon "Profile Manager" that allows multiple emails.

Once I get my Calendar working if you can address this error, we can talk about getting "BirdSync" working in Fossa.

An Amazing Product you have here....

EGeek

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: FossaMail Lightning Download Error...

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-07, 05:45

Please make sure to grab the lightning version from the FossaMail home page that matches your architecture (x86 or x64)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Enginegeek

Unread post by Enginegeek » 2014-09-08, 18:40

I have the correct version, however I wanted the version with the Lightning and will not let me download it, again corrupt etc errors.

In Fossa I tried deleting Lightning ( after using your migration tool ) and it let me add the add-on from the add-on menu ( version 2.6.6 ), however it will not change the day to week tabs etc, none of the time blocks show up, and I can't pick a time zone within Lightning which is interesting. I even tried copying all my calendar data into the proper folder from TBird and no data showed up.

Please Advise. FWIW I am on 7 with an SSD, Pro-Book HP.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-08, 22:16

Like I said, please grab the one from the FossaMail website www.fossamail.org, not the add-ons manager. The add-ons manager will send you to addons.mozilla.org which is fine for most extensions but not for lightning (because it has binary components) -- you need a 64-bit version and 2.6.6 is not compatible with FossaMail.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Enginegeek

Unread post by Enginegeek » 2014-09-17, 12:49

I am running "FossaMail-24.7.0.win64". In terms of Lightning which version is compatible with Fossamail.

Please advise. EGeek.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-17, 19:56

... the one on the same page as the FossaMail downloads are, with the same architecture (x86/x64)

Enginegeek

Unread post by Enginegeek » 2014-10-21, 15:50

I still can't download the Lightning 64 bit version. In Palemoon it tells me it is corrupt and will not let me. On another machine with Windows Explorer, I was able to download the xpi file and tried to launch it on that machine and tried on my laptop after putting it on a stick. Again it will not launch it says it is corrupt.

I am not trying to be argumentative but I have tried what you have suggested and more, and I still can't get it to work. Is your file truly corrupt or am I missing something.

Best regards,
EGeek....

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-21, 19:23

I've just verified that the Lightning files for FossaMail (as downloaded from FossHub) are fine and not corrupt.

Try first saving the XPI file you need to disk, and then dragging/dropping it on FossaMail, OR from FossaMail's add-on manager, choose "Install from file..." (Gear drop-down button)

allsorts46

Unread post by allsorts46 » 2015-03-18, 13:48

The last post was a little while ago, but I happened to come across this post whilst looking for a 64-bit lightning myself, and might be able to help.

The download of lightning provided by the FossaMail homepage is packaged up in a zip. If you attempt to install this zip as an extension, you get the error 'This add-on could not be installed because it appears to be corrup.' You need to extract the xpi from inside the zip and then install that.

Not sure why it's zipped up, since the xpi file is a zip anyway...

Don't know if that's what is happening to you, but thought it might help.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-03-19, 07:35

allsorts46 wrote:Not sure why it's zipped up, since the xpi file is a zip anyway...
Because FOSSHub doesn't like XPI files (see this post).

Enginegeek

Unread post by Enginegeek » 2015-04-27, 16:56

Gents,

I am rusty here, I'd like to start a new thread but this will do...

Warning for "ProfileSwitcher" users. The latest versions of Palemoon and Fossamail do not work well with ProfileSwitcher 1.7. remove it and go back to 1.6.2, much better...

Now onto another problem: In both T-bird and Fossamail, I don't know how they got corrupted: Tools; Options; Attachments; Import, most if all the options are gone. Tangent to this, I can't open up a hyperlink etc from any email.

Is their anyway to restore these Attachment defaults, or are they in a profile? Do I have to delete Fossamail and or T-Bird and do a fresh install?

I look forward to your replies...

Egeek.