How do I translate v25.6?

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
McFluffy

How do I translate v25.6?

Unread post by McFluffy » 2015-07-28, 17:37

I have tried to read the post's about a new translation system, but didn't find any end to it. Maybe because i am :crazy:
How do I do the translation?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: How do I translate v25.6?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-07-28, 20:28

http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?opt ... nsion=5644

Do it there, and mark it as "released" once done, and it'll be updated.

I'm still trying to work out something good with transifex for future versions, but 25.6 should still be done there.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

McFluffy

Unread post by McFluffy » 2015-08-01, 21:01

I can't register at Babelzilla. The reason is unknown to me :? I get the following message:
Something is wrong with your supplied details. Please remember that we don't accept temporary email addresses.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2015-08-01, 21:10

McFluffy wrote:he reason is unknown to me :? I get the following message: Please remember that we don't accept temporary email addresses.
So then use a normal email adress.

Sob__
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Sob__ » 2015-08-02, 00:32

Moonchild wrote:Do it there, and mark it as "released" once done, and it'll be updated.
From the other thread, I got an impression that it should be automatic (read "fast"). I updated Czech version more than a day ago and marked it as released (*1), but so far I'm not seeing any results (my assumption is that it should get updated on http://www.palemoon.org/langpacks.shtml). So I'm wondering if I perhaps missed something?

--
(*1) Some intermediate state for review would be in theory better, but it doesn't seem there are any interested volunteers currently available.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2015-08-02, 08:42

Their is no automatic way in this. Moonchild need to put the file on the server.
So just wait ;)

McFluffy

Unread post by McFluffy » 2015-08-02, 08:56

dark_moon wrote:
McFluffy wrote:he reason is unknown to me :? I get the following message: Please remember that we don't accept temporary email addresses.
So, no useful answers? I use my normal email adress, which I have had for years.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-08-02, 13:46

McFluffy wrote:
dark_moon wrote:
So, no useful answers? I use my normal email adress, which I have had for years.
Send an e-mail to the babelzilla site admins, then -- we can't do anything about that here.

Also, updates made by translators are NOT automatically processed. If you mark it "released" I will get a message in my inbox, and have to pull the files down, create the language pack by merging them with existing translations, upload it to the server and then bump the version in the updater database to be served to people (that's the only part that is automatic).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Sob__
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Sob__ » 2015-08-02, 16:56

Ok, my bad, I just misunderstood this.

McFluffy

Unread post by McFluffy » 2015-08-03, 19:05

I find it somehow odd to use time on trying to make a Babelzilla account, when the future translations will not be done there.
Could I possible have the involved files here or on my e-mail?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-08-03, 21:19

Here you go.

New translations are in findbar.properties and csp.properties

Babelzilla is useful because it gives me an immediate verification and overview that everything is translated; I understand your reluctance since we're looking at moving over to a different service. I don't like this piecemeal localization either :/
Attachments
mcfluffy.zip
(18.5 KiB) Downloaded 82 times