[IT] start.palemoon.org page localization

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
Sleeping

[IT] start.palemoon.org page localization

Unread post by Sleeping » 2014-11-05, 22:13

Hi, guys :)

I'm available to localize this page in Italian. I think it could be useful for non English speaking users and the page could be loaded in different languages following the language setting in Pale Moon content settings tab. What's your take on this? It shouldn't be too difficult to achieve neither for me nor server-side :)

PS: I've done a donation to the project. It's not much, but I'm happy of giving my little contribution :)

Sleeping

Re: [IT] start.palemoon.org page localization

Unread post by Sleeping » 2014-11-12, 13:02

I thought it could be interesting. It is not? :|

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2014-11-12, 13:12

Surprised you didn't get any responses to this..... seems worthwhile, but then it's not up to me!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-12, 19:57

There really isn't much text on the start page to begin with; that's not really worth the effort...

And to localize something like the start page properly you also need to localize the quick links for regionally focused alternatives in a number of cases - this would mean more of a maintenance task that needs someone from the region to keep an eye on it and change as-needed. It's a can of worms that i don't want to open right now.
Pale Moon is still a US-English language product at heart and the localizations for the user interface are a convenience. I don't think giving the impression that we have both the manpower and time to maintain a completely localized website as well is a good idea, because that would be a false impression.

Don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate the offer; I just don't think it's a good idea right now. I've also been kind of swamped with code development to be able to keep an eye on all threads on the forum, so my response has been a "tad tardy". Please don't take my initial silence the wrong way :shifty:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Sleeping

Unread post by Sleeping » 2014-11-14, 01:28

I understand it perfectly, I didn't know the situation. Thank you for you complete and kind answer and explication, Moonchild, and of course I didn't take your silence the wrong way :)

I'm happy that you appreciated my offer even tough it's not (at least for now) feasible :)