[SOLVED] PM 25.0.2 not working with Galician language pack

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
rcasl

[SOLVED] PM 25.0.2 not working with Galician language pack

Unread post by rcasl » 2014-10-26, 23:48

Hello,

I've updated to PM 25.0.X from 24.7.2 (have tried since 25.0.0) and I'm having problems to switch to Galician language (gl-ES.xpi).
I've followed all the instructions given in the language packs page, but when I restart the browser I just get an empty yellowish window with the following text shown in red (no bars, no menus, no window caption text...):

Code: Select all

<window id="main-window"
^
I've tried with other language packs, as Spanish (es-ES.xpi) and had no problems at all.
Of course, I've checked the general.useragent.locale setting, ensuring it matches the .xpi file name (even tried several posibilities, as gl, glES, gl-es...), and disabled all addons, but all I get is the empty window.

I'm running W7 Home Premium 64 bits, SP1

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by rcasl on 2014-10-27, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PM 25.0.2 not working with Galician language pack

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-27, 07:17

Yup, there was a problem in the base language pack.
I had to rename the language to a different code (gl-ES instead of gl - which is a different language) and it required an update in a number of files inside the language pack. I missed a few because the language code is in many places.

This is fixed now, please download a fresh copy and you should be good to go!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

rcasl

Re: PM 25.0.2 not working with Galician language pack

Unread post by rcasl » 2014-10-27, 08:39

Wow, really fast fixing, all OK now! Thanks a lot!
Should you need a Galician or Spanish translator, just ask me...
Best regards