Please help with translations for updated status bar code!

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Please help with translations for updated status bar code!

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-02-16, 22:29

Since I finally managed to whip the Mozilla build system into shape so it'll behave better with the status bar code, I'm able to update it to a later version. Unfortunately this also involves the need to update localization strings for it (preferably within the next two weeks, the sooner the better).

If you can help out with that, please see the sticky and head over to Babelzilla to update the strings (only a handful)!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Yodli

Re: Please help with translations for updated status bar cod

Unread post by Yodli » 2014-02-17, 22:07

Here are the updated hungarian (hu-HU) localization strings for the status bar. The zip file contains all 5 files, not only the updated prefs.dtd.
Attachments
palemoon-statusbar-locale-hu-HU.zip
(3.41 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-02-18, 17:37

Here the german file. Even with all 5 files
palemoon-statusbar-locale-de-de.7z
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

mgagnonlv
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by mgagnonlv » 2014-02-18, 22:01

Not sure if you need help with the French translation.

If so, could you point me to the proper sticky so I can read the instructions?

Thanks.

P.S. Maybe I'm getting older and need stronger glasses...
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)

mgagnonlv
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by mgagnonlv » 2014-02-20, 00:50

Thanks.

I found the instructions and followed them. I revised all files, mostly for consistency.

I tried to upload the resulting fr.zip file on Babelzilla and it didn't work. I'll need more time to read the instructions.

So here is the complete locale.

If I may ask:
Is there a way to try it – a sort of preview – so I could make sure all strings have the ideal translation? I don't even know if it is easily possible.
Attachments
Palemoon-statusbar-locale_fr.zip
French locale (fr) for the Status Bar.
(3.53 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-02-20, 12:24

dark_moon wrote:Here the german file. Even with all 5 files
palemoon-statusbar-locale-de-de.7z
Did you completely rewrite your translation? It's vastly different from what was already done (and I'm not sure about the choice of words... "position" for URL doesn't sound right :P, nor does "optionen" instead of "einstellungen", etc.).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-02-20, 15:49

Ah my failure. I think the translations isn't complete for the new status bar version.
Then use my old version :D

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-02-21, 22:23

I got translations for the Spanish variants, but they could use review. Can someone please check (on babelzilla)?

I also still need translations for it, jp, kn-IN, pt-PT, sv-SE, zh-CN and zh-TW

(Seems jp was far from complete to begin with - I may have to scrap it until someone else can take over the translation)

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-02-23, 00:34

I take some time but I have my part done, just note that all files in zip has the "(es_MX)" string in the extension for avoid troubles. Sorry if I post these here but really I don't feel like I need to open an account in Babelzilla for just a couple of files every and now. :mrgreen:
Last edited by lyceus on 2014-02-24, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed buggy file

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-02-23, 06:46

lobocursor wrote:I take some time but I have my part done, just note that all files in zip has the "(es_MX)" string in the extension for avoid troubles. Sorry if I post these here but really I don't feel like I need to open an account in Babelzilla for just a couple of files every and now. :mrgreen:
Thanks Lobo!

A few questions:
  • overlay.properties: "No Downloads" is not translated? Shouldn't that be "Sin Descargas" or something?
  • prefs.dtd is in English...

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2014-02-23, 12:56

No Downloads is slang, and that would make it "No Descargas."
Correct term would be "No Hay Descargas," as in "There isn't any Downloads."

I am providing a generalization.
Sin Descargas = Without Downloads

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-02-24, 00:46

Moonchild wrote:
lobocursor wrote:I take some time but I have my part done, just note that all files in zip has the "(es_MX)" string in the extension for avoid troubles. Sorry if I post these here but really I don't feel like I need to open an account in Babelzilla for just a couple of files every and now. :mrgreen:
Thanks Lobo!

A few questions:
  • overlay.properties: "No Downloads" is not translated? Shouldn't that be "Sin Descargas" or something?
  • prefs.dtd is in English...

Sorry for some reason I scrolled the file down and just translated the last screen of the file. I'll repost the corrections.

@megaman: Is correct your translation but miss a detail. As is, that refer no downloads but the status of them what is it? No finished? No started? In pause? :?: The correct term is Sin descargas activas. So that means, no started, no hang, no pause, but all downloads finished.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2014-02-24, 00:55

lobocursor wrote: Sorry for some reason I scrolled the file down and just translated the last screen of the file. I'll repost the corrections.

@megaman: Is correct your translation but miss a detail. As is, that refer no downloads but the status of them what is it? No finished? No started? In pause? :?: The correct term is Sin descargas activas. So that means, no started, no hang, no pause, but all downloads finished.
Descargas Desactivadas? = Inactive Downloads
No Hay Descargas Activas? = There isn't any active downloads

Sin Descargas Activas = Without Active Downloads. It still sounds slang but it is acceptable.

Lobo, you are the Native speaker, I just wanted to jump in and help until you were able to reply. :)

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-02-24, 01:15

megaman wrote: Sin Descargas Activas = Without Active Downloads. It still sounds slang but it is acceptable.

Lobo, you are the Native speaker, I just wanted to jump in and help until you were able to reply. :)
Don't worry you beat me in English any time ;)

I didn't want to slam your translation or else, the "Sin Descargas" could be plain and quick fix. But, this is for general things. We haven't the term "download" at all, "descarga" was used instead since means something like download: Descarga - when you unload something like a truck, box, warehouse. People use the slang "bajar" = Download it now! - ¡Bajatelo ahora! for upload they say "subir" Upload now = ¡Subetelo ahora! Both can been mistaken as albures (better not enter in this tar pit, please) which is worst. :crazy:

Well the "active" thing comes since the companies like Microsoft, Oracle and Google translate new terms and impose them in our language. The term "activo" is used for specifiy people that there are something online or in wait to process. If there are "no active downloads" that means "no downloads". Otherwise people thinks that Pale Moon always is downloading something. :crazy: :crazy:

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-02-24, 01:23

Take two, I hope that I didn't miss anything since I'll be out for a week now. :mrgreen:
palemoon-statusbar-locale-(es_MX)-FIX.zip

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2014-02-24, 01:33

lobocursor wrote:"subir" Upload now = ¡Subetelo ahora!
Right, I fully understand that, I use those terms all the time in Spanish.
I use "Aportar" for Upload.

No hay descargas (en este momento) = There isn't any downloads (at this moment)

Throwing ideas.
We can fully close this part of the chat.
Awaiting for other/more uploads from other users.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-02-24, 09:00

lobocursor wrote:Take two, I hope that I didn't miss anything since I'll be out for a week now. :mrgreen:
The attachment palemoon-statusbar-locale-(es_MX)-FIX.zip is no longer available
The zip is missing the prefs.dtd :P

Can someone proof the following? It's an amalgamation of previous es-MX translations and some manual new ones:
prefs.dtd
es-MX prefs DTD
(7.01 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Just tell me if there are issues in a reply, no need to edit the file or reupload. it's faster that way

CraigPD
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by CraigPD » 2014-02-24, 14:48

Penultimate item -
<!ENTITY status4evar.advanced.status.detectFullScreen "Detectar modo de ventana completa y mostrar [mostrat] enlaces/estado apropiadamente.">

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-02-24, 14:53

Thanks for spotting that typo!