Localization test build (Win x86)

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Localization test build (Win x86)

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-18, 22:09

I've put together a localization check test build of Pale Moon 26.0 for testing.
This is a specialized setup pre-release version of Pale Moon 26 for translators.

This browser is NOT for general use and should not be redistributed.
The final version of Pale Moon 26.0 will be released very soon, so kindly have a little patience :)

Translators, please note:
This version comes with language packs pre-installed for all supported languages, as well as the Zing! locale switcher.
To switch to your target locale, please click the Zing! drop-down menu and select your language, then allow the browser to restart to complete the UI language switch.
Kindly check for any broken controls, blank dialogs, missing or incorrect access keys, etc. etc. and report your findings on the forum.
For substantial amounts of issues, please make a new thread and prefix it in the subject with your language, e.g. [es-MX]
If you are a Github user, please be so kind as to make corrections there and create a pull request directly on the Pale Moon localization repository.

FTP download: ftp://publicbeta:get@ftp.palemoon.org/trybuilds/pm26l10n-portable.zip
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

dark_moon

Re: Localization test build (Win x86)

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-01-18, 22:46

Okay i found these translation problems for german:
Not a big problem - more cosmetic
Not a big problem - more cosmetic
And with XSS infobar (the XSS errorpage with blockMode=true show the correct translation)
xss.png
But no more problems found yet :thumbup:
I try to correct it in github, but don't know if i'm lucky :oops:
Edit: i didn't found this on github.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-18, 23:11

"Recently bookmarked" and "Recent tags" are names of bookmark folders. We don't supply localized installers so this will always be English, just like the default Pale Moon bookmarks are.

The XSS infobar doesn't have localization options at this time. It should be low priority since I'd hope that this filter isn't hit very often ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-01-18, 23:14

Hmm but why we then translate the blockMode=true page? ;) :mrgreen:
But okay, both problems are not realy problems so all is okay in a first look.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-22, 23:00

I'm honestly of disappointed about the lack of feedback on this. You don't even have to be proficient in the target languages to give it a basic check for any obvious mistakes like xml errors or blank dialogs.

I guess I'll do a basic check myself on blatant errors in this setup over the weekend so I can release next week. I guess i do have to do all of this myself, in the end. :thumbdown:

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-01-22, 23:07

Moonchild wrote:I'm honestly of disappointed about the lack of feedback on this. You don't even have to be proficient in the target languages to give it a basic check for any obvious mistakes like xml errors or blank dialogs.

I guess I'll do a basic check myself on blatant errors in this setup over the weekend so I can release next week. I guess i do have to do all of this myself, in the end. :thumbdown:
MC, I didn't know this was for the public/regular users to check out, well simply because of what you said previously up above: "This is a specialized setup pre-release version of Pale Moon 26 for translators." I will give a check as I love to beta test programs.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-23, 00:40

Sorry if this wasn't clear. But yes, this is in a public board so people willing to help out are indeed welcome to do so.

eskaton
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by eskaton » 2016-01-23, 01:20

Moonchild wrote:You don't even have to be proficient in the target languages to give it a basic check for any obvious mistakes like xml errors or blank dialogs.
Can't speak for anyone else, but I've been working with computers since '92 or so, and I don't have experience in doing either of those things. They may not be that complicated, but that doesn't mean they're in everyone's skill set.
Sorry you're getting stuck with it though. If there's a quick tutorial available on how to perform those checks, maybe I or others could chip in.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-23, 02:21

It's as simple as going through the different parts of the program to see if there are obvious parts that aren't working...

But never mind, really. I guess I can set aside some hours this weekend to go through the basic dialogs for all untested languages and repair anything that I didn't catch yet.

jumba

Unread post by jumba » 2016-01-23, 07:05

I'm just going through all of them. Some error in following languages:

ko - Korean

Code: Select all

XML 변환기 오류\: 외부 엔티티 참조 오류 위치\: chrome://browser/content/browser.xul 행 26, 글자 위치 1\:%palemoonDTD;
^

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-01-23, 07:22

Well I didn't find any issues on my side, which is very good.

Keep up the good work MC and all translators or general testers! :thumbup:
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-23, 11:32

I've fixed the Korean one breaking the browser. thanks for reporting.

tmtisfree

Unread post by tmtisfree » 2016-01-26, 11:49

Hi,

French translator here.
Moonchild wrote:The XSS infobar doesn't have localization options at this time. It should be low priority since I'd hope that this filter isn't hit very often ;)
I saw it 2 times since I installed PMv26beta4.
Moonchild wrote:I'm honestly of disappointed about the lack of feedback on this. You don't even have to be proficient in the target languages to give it a basic check for any obvious mistakes like xml errors or blank dialogs.
Sorry I was on holidays for an extended week, and I don't check the forum that often anyway. I am currently checking the version you posted in the OP.

Edit: so I have found an handful of strings that I am pretty sure I had already corrected most of them in Transifex. I don't know why they pop again. I see that my pale-moon-localization clone from GitHub still has some old stuff ("tabview.properties", "xpiinstall" drawer) which were removed from Transifex IRC. I will ignore that for the time being. Apart from that, issues are all cosmetic (wrong shortcut, missing capital and ellipsis, inconsistency between button's string and window's title, etc), I will not bother you with such minor things for now. As you say elsewhere, it is "acceptable" level so far. (I will pull requests when I am OK with the understanding of GitHub.)

A question: where are the strings for the Status bar add-on (its options' window have some minor translation errors)?