[Solved] Middle click reopening closed tab

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
q1k--

[Solved] Middle click reopening closed tab

Unread post by q1k-- » 2014-11-13, 17:57

So i have done a middle click on the empty area of the tab bar knowing full well that it is supposed to open a new tab. But instead it reopens my previously closed tab, which isn't the default behavior in firefox.
Now, my question is how to change this function?
Last edited by Moonchild on 2014-11-15, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked Solved

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Middle click reopening closed tab

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-13, 20:22

The default behavior in Pale Moon is to open a new tab with whatever you have set for new tab behavior, not "undo closed tab". Are you using a tab add-on perhaps that changes this behavior?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-11-13, 20:27

Just of note: The default behavior is the same in Pale Moon as well as Firefox.

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2014-11-13, 20:45

q1k-- wrote:So i have done a middle click on the empty area of the tab bar knowing full well that it is supposed to open a new tab. But instead it reopens my previously closed tab, which isn't the default behavior in firefox.
Now, my question is how to change this function?
Go to about:config and search for middle. middlemouse.openNewWindow should be true for the functionality that you want. Also (as already mentioned) see if any other occurrences of middle show up that point to extensions. For example for TabMix:

q1k--

Unread post by q1k-- » 2014-11-14, 18:55

This is all that I have when I search for middle in about:config, all settings are to the default values.
And for plugins and addons, I have the same ones that I used on firefox and didn't have this problem.

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-11-14, 19:07

You could start Pale Moon in safemode (press and hold shift while starting or go through the help menu). If the problem is resolved in safemode it is your addons/settings.

q1k--

Unread post by q1k-- » 2014-11-15, 03:56

ok, i located the problem, it seems like session manager had been controlling the middle click to reopen last closed tab.
thanks for your help