[Solved] DuckDuckGo never fully works

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
ben557

[Solved] DuckDuckGo never fully works

Unread post by ben557 » 2014-12-19, 18:58

'Images' and 'Videos'; there's never any other "zero-click info". I have Adblock Latitude and NoScript installed for Pale Moon, but they don't destroy DDG's "zero-click info" tab functionality in Firefox.

dark_moon

Re: DuckDuckGo never fully works

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-12-19, 19:13

What exactly did you mean? Duckduckgo works fine for me with NoScript.

ben557

Unread post by ben557 » 2014-12-19, 20:39

Tabs such as 'About' and other alike it -- I can't remember what they are; various instant answers -- do not appear in Pale Moon (for me); they only do in Firefox (for me). :(

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-12-19, 21:37

About works fine too:
about.png
Did you try a clean profile?

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2014-12-19, 23:41

Duckduckgo's Instant Answers (IA's) are dependent on the search criteria that the user enters. Some of the selections are Meanings, Images, Videos, Definition, Lyrics, Q/A and others. If none of these are showing up for you, check your DDG settings and verify that Instant Answers aren't disabled.

I use both DDG and PM on 4-5 different desktop systems daily (Windows and Linux) and the IA's categories work fine on each of them.

Oh, do you get the same results if you run PM in safe mode? I can't imagine that it would make a difference, but it's always a good idea to try.

ben557

Unread post by ben557 » 2014-12-20, 23:58

Fixed it. I have no idea why 'Instant Answers' were turned off in DDG's settings panel. I didn't remember it's an option, and I don't remember changing it -- I may have mistaken it for something else. I always make myself look like a dumbass. :(

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2014-12-21, 00:10

ben557 wrote:Fixed it. I have no idea why 'Instant Answers' were turned off in DDG's settings panel. I didn't remember it's an option, and I don't remember changing it -- I may have mistaken it for something else. I always make myself look like a dumbass. :(
@ben557, it's all good and I'm glad you found it! I'm glad that, like me, you find PM and DDG to be a great combo!