Sync Issue

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
therock247uk

Sync Issue

Unread post by therock247uk » 2014-10-22, 22:00

Hi,

When I try and pair a device (my windows 10 vm) to my laptop it does everything fine then after its done pairing it complains the password is wrong (why does it need a pass when im pairing them anyway?) now when I try and set a new one on this laptop it says there was a error changing your password when i input a new one and press change password...

On the vm when i go to the password reset link it takes me to https://pmsync.palemoon.net/sync/index. ... word-reset which returns "Function not found"

Im guessing this feature is not yet complete hence why it does not work?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Sync Issue

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-23, 05:39

This can happen if you still have old sync account data in your browsers. The sync server has changed with v25, and you need to un-link all computers and create a new account in v25 desktop, then pair your other devices.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

therock247uk

Unread post by therock247uk » 2014-10-23, 14:31

Ahh ok will give it a try this wont effect my profile in anyway will it? ie cookies/logins.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-10-23, 14:38

No effect on your profile.