[Android] Flash player doesn't work v25 (posible fix inside) Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
rblanca

[Android] Flash player doesn't work v25 (posible fix inside)

Unread post by rblanca » 2014-10-12, 17:13

Hi all! I just tried palemoon v25 for android and realized that flash player it's still not working like it does with other android browsers (even firefox)....I google and found this https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=935676 ...if I use hacked flash player from here https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=935676#c23 ...it works.. but it only works for palemoon/firefox that flash player not other browsers...but it's seems to be a fix that it make it work with all flash players here https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=935676#c38 ...meaby that fix it's missing on palemoon and it's why firefox can use flash player without any specific hacked flash player version.

By the way...thanks 4 this amaizing browser for android!

rblanca

Re: [Android] Flash player doesn't work v25 (posible fix ins

Unread post by rblanca » 2014-10-22, 00:38

bump...someone can take a look? seems to be an easy fix

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-22, 09:47

We're kind of busy with things that have higher priority at the moment than Flash support for Android (sorry).

If you are a coder that can implement relevant fixes (and build a local version to test them) then patches are most welcome in the meantime!
Our repository is available on GitHub.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Llewelyn

Unread post by Llewelyn » 2014-11-16, 08:20

As I understand it Adobe/Android have decided not to support flash, so I figure if you want flash on Android you're on your own :)

I believe the issue with Android was about battery life, since they're mostly portable devices: Flash eats battery like any other intensive video thing and this makes for bad press about battery life. That said, it would be neat to get flash R15 working on my Note 3 :D

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Daikun » 2014-11-17, 01:18

Llewelyn wrote:I believe the issue with Android was about battery life, since they're mostly portable devices: Flash eats battery like any other intensive video thing and this makes for bad press about battery life. That said, it would be neat to get flash R15 working on my Note 3 :D
If only Google would put that same consideration into KitKat. That hogs up battery juice like a mofo.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-11-17, 02:18

People do yourself a favor: Look to Google Play and search for Adobe Flash Player. If your Android OS can use it will popup in the list (4.0.x or older), and it will try to install/update. Or check your icons if there are any Flash Player Manager, if so yep you have it; just activate the plugin in PM options.

If Google Play or Settings doesn't show anything in any place, that means that your device is a higher number and it cannot download it or use it.

WARNING:
[*] Never try to get the apk from some web page and try to install it by force, because you will brick your device.*
[*] Avoid these "flash installer apps" they will brick the device for you.*

*In that way I did brick a Flash unsupported Android tablet Pierre Cardin since Adobe Flash installed over several firmware apps.
[/b]