save memory LowQ image render/grayscale/aliased fonts save

Support topics for the "Legacy" version of Pale Moon (3.5.x/3.6.x)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: save memory LowQ image render/grayscale/aliased fonts s

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-10-07, 20:35

travolter wrote:Palemoon 3.6 is more light than 15 /(at least in my machine).. so ill continue using this legacy version
Maybe you missed my explanation before: Pale Moon 15 will always be heavier than the Legacy version, because it has more features and wider support for modern HTML.

Running the legacy version is probably OK for a little while longer, but you'll be taking an ever greater risk as time passes because it's no longer maintained. Both security-wise and in terms of usability.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

travolter

Re: save memory LowQ image render/grayscale/aliased fonts s

Unread post by travolter » 2012-10-08, 21:03

Moonchild!!!! really big thanks pal!!! you saved me!!!

I just added these settings that you pointed to me:

browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo and browser.sessionstore.max_windows_undo to 0
Disable fast back/forward cache by setting browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers to 0

And the memory recover perfectly after close tabs!! ;)
REally big thanks again cause Im was looking for this behavior in FF/PL since early stages. This is fresh air when using internet with my limited machine.
(Economics dont allow me to buy new hardware.. so I always need to downgrade and check howo to do same tasks with less resources)

I conserve the memory caching enabled cause I feel computer performs better but I have to do more tests.

Thanks again for the help and support ;) and thanks share freely the legacy PL version ;)