[SOLVED] Best antivirus software for Windows 10 64 bits?

General discussion and chat (archived)
dark_moon

Re: [SOLVED] Best antivirus software for Windows 10 64 bits?

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-02-14, 16:50

Maybe this thread helps: https://forum.eset.com/topic/4935-liveg ... -scanning/
But i didn't read the whole topic and i doesn't use NOD32 so i can't take a look.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2016-04-21, 23:36

When i was using a windows computer i always used comodo internet security which is a good all round security suite.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2016-04-22, 11:54

dark_moon wrote:Eset NOD32 manipulate HTTPS certs (replace the real ones with Eset ones). And this reduze your security.
If you use this AV then remember that and disable the setting.
Be aware that it's not only ESET that does this (and in ESET it's turned off by default) - other consumer software using such techniques include Kaspersky, Avast, AVG, BitDefender, BullGuard, G DATA, CYBERsitter, KinderGate, ZoneAlarm, Dr. Web, Net Nanny, and PC Pandora. And all of these (including ESET) were found to have implementations that were insecure in one way or another (ignoring the issue of whether manipulating such certificates is a good idea). For details, see 'Killed by Proxy: Analyzing Client-end TLS Interception Software' - the first publication in this list: https://madiba.encs.concordia.ca/~x_decarn/research.html

I see that that report also includes a couple of recommendations for browser manufacturers, so have posted a suggestion to add these to PM at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11887

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-04-22, 15:10

Thanks for that update, Falna!