Where is about:logopage in about:config ?

General discussion and chat (archived)
New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Where is about:logopage in about:config ?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-30, 12:45

delicacy wrote:well, from firefox up to palemoon, i never had issues using the prompt for session to load, & i would still get new pages as "about:blank" normally sets them.
anyways, it's now resolved.

thanks
Because about:blank has been deprecated and is no longer the default option for a blank page. This is the only supported ways to retain the behavior you want. That is to say about:blank will always be valid uri and provide an empty sheet of paper.. but using it in the manor you want is not supported beyond what has already been stated.

Once again,

VERIFIED DUPLICATE

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-30, 12:49

For the record:
  • Using about:blank, by design a white page regardless of system colors, is deprecated as a start-up page and for new tabs in current browsers.
  • If it doesn't work as expected, don't jump to poking at about:config immediately. Doing so may leave your browser in an unusable state. Compare about:config with using the Windows registry editor.
  • Issues caused by extensions are not part of the browser's support scope. If you have an issue and you are using extensions that handle the part of the browser you are having issues with, don't immediately think it is caused by the browser.
And see Tobin's post.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2014-10-30, 15:26

Moonchild wrote:Using about:blank ... is deprecated ... for new tabs in current browsers.
Uhm, what does this deprecation imply in practice ?
Getting a blank (or empty, do not mind a cent for the colour) page and an empty URL to be filled manually ismy expected/wished behaviour for new tabs (and what I get n PM 24). Anything I should be aware of ?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

IceKirby

Unread post by IceKirby » 2014-10-31, 04:23

So it's not possible to have about:blank as the page that loads when the browser is started while also having a different Home Page? I have always used a setting like this:
-When browser starts: about:blank
-When new tab is opened: about:blank
-When Home button is pressed: A news website

From what I could understand, the only way to have about:blank show when starting the browser is by setting it as a home page, which is not something I intend to do. I can live with the logo page displaying (since it would only be once per session), it just would be neat to be able to have the old behaviour without depending on addons.

astewart
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by astewart » 2014-11-01, 00:32

I agree that "about:blank, by design a white page regardless of system colors" is gauche, but system colors may not be what the user wants either. As was mentioned above, you can modify the about:blank page with something in userContent.css like

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url("about:blank") {
body{background-color:#C0B8A8 !important}
}
Actually, on my machine, #C0B8A8 is a system color, just not the default one in about:logopage (Menu color).

You can also tweak about:logopage however you wish

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url("about:logopage") {
body{background-color:#C0B8A8 !important}
img {display:none !important}
}
Then you can go back to the start option "Show a blank page" and whatever homepage you want.

Alan

Roranicus

Unread post by Roranicus » 2014-11-01, 18:46

If you simply want new tabs to show about:blank instead of the logo page, you can simply change the behavior in about:config. Simply look for "browser.newtab.url". It's current value should be "about:logopage". You can change it to "about:blank" or whatever you want to see on new tabs.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-11-01, 23:11

There is no point to post in a topic wihtout having read even the OP.