Reply preview document expired

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Joel Cairo

Reply preview document expired

Unread post by Joel Cairo » 2015-08-28, 00:59

This relates to responding in this board. Click to preview, click the image one inserted, to preview that. Click the back button and get a 'document expired' page. None of the previous pages restore the response. Is this a shortcoming of the Board software, the browser, or something obvious I'm missing here?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Reply preview document expired

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-08-28, 01:16

I'm guessing it's because of the text box. What is in the text box is not really part of the webpage, so that would explain the Document Expired message.
BTW, I tested it and I got that message also.

Joel Cairo

Unread post by Joel Cairo » 2015-08-28, 01:32

Yeah. You'd think wanting to preview an inserted image would be fairly standard!

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-08-28, 02:22

You can middle-click the image so you can preview it in a new tab, while keeping your draft message current in its original tab.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-08-28, 06:18

It's because you're on an https page, and you're moving away from the reply page by viewing the image. The secure pages are not cached, so pressing the back button in your browser will have it try to recall something that has expired.

It's not necessarily a problem with the browser or the board software, it's inherent to using a board over https with no-cache, and the preview of the image not being in the same page. Middle-clicking or control-clicking would indeed be a solution.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite